Late nighters---unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, Things are a lot better now. I got bit by 2 brown recluse spiders. Thought they were white heads, opps wrong thinking. Crazy part is I was bit on each arm almost in the same spot, inside of elbow. If I remember right I was good in a few weeks. I got some large water prof band aids. I cut the sticky part into. The wound is on my index finger about a inch from the hand joint. That way I can seal it. They also gave me some strong antibiotic creme. I will be okay. Some discomfort for a while. i went out to work in the shop and My wife meet me at the door, all she said was your not working in the shop tonight. Oh since I got the treatment my swelling has gone way down. I like working out there in the evenings, no interference and a lot cooler. I have decided to make another flag pole and mount. My wife can't get the paint to stick. She is hand painting it so it's slow. I am going to see if I can find a 2 inch oak dowel and use a round steel brace it will fit, tight. 

Alright then.

Looks like an interesting thread!
I am not up usually at this hour.

I'm prepping for an out-patient procedure on Wednesday that requires a liquid diet starting Tuesday.

So I am up now stuffing my face with real food but had to stop by 4:00 AM.

What do you do on your shift?

Alright then.

Looks like an interesting thread!
I am not up usually at this hour.

I'm prepping for an out-patient procedure on Wednesday that requires a liquid diet starting Tuesday.

So I am up now stuffing my face with real food but had to stop by 4:00 AM.

What do you do on your shift?
I work in a prison.

If I am guessing right, I most likely had the same procedure you had back in February, since you are limited to a liquid diet for a day. I'm sure you also have some meds to take to facilitate in the cleaning out process. :groan: Just that about killed me. The procedure itself was a piece of cake.

I work in a prison.

If I am guessing right, I most likely had the same procedure you had back in February, since you are limited to a liquid diet for a day. I'm sure you also have some meds to take to facilitate in the cleaning out process. :groan: Just that about killed me. The procedure itself was a piece of cake.

That really sounds familiar. Is that the one where you move a tv and easy chair into the bathroom for a day?

Anybody else here had this procedure? Show of hands?

(Holy crap - look at that! It'll take two days to count all those hands)
:laugh:

I work in a prison.

You are correct! The prep work and liquid diet are rough.

This is a dual colonoscopy/endoscopy. The colonoscopy is a standard 5 year thing. I have had them before. The endoscopy is a 90 day follow up for emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer that developed in the duodenum.

This will be the first look back into the area to check on the healing process.

First, I had no real symptoms of an ulcer. Secondly, I was unaware that the ulcer had perforated.

I only remember waking up in an ICU unit after the surgery.:AGGHH:

This was 3 months ago.

The cause of the perforated ulcer was the limited use of an NSAID (Alieve).

- - - Updated - - -

That really sounds familiar. Is that the one where you move a tv and easy chair into the bathroom for a day?

Not only a tv set, but have the shower ready for a good hosing off.:D

As a show of hands, I will have to raise mine twice.

This is my 4th colonoscopy and 1st endoscopy. Both being done at the same time.( I only hope the Doc does the Endoscopy first, just in case he uses the same instrument twice:Shrug:)

Last edited:

The crap that came out of me was anything but HOLY!! :AGGHH:

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct! The prep work and liquid diet are rough.

This is a dual colonoscopy/endoscopy. The colonoscopy is a standard 5 year thing. I have had them before. The endoscopy is a 90 day follow up for emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer that developed in the duodenum.

This will be the first look back into the area to check on the healing process.

First, I had no real symptoms of an ulcer. Secondly, I was unaware that the ulcer had perforated.

I only remember waking up in an ICU unit after the surgery.:AGGHH:

This was 3 months ago.

The cause of the perforated ulcer was the limited use of an NSAID (Alieve).

- - - Updated - - -

Not only a tv set, but have the shower ready for a good hosing off.:D

As a show of hands, I will have to raise mine twice.

This is my 4th colonoscopy and 1st endoscopy. Both being done at the same time.( I only hope the Doc does the Endoscopy first, just in case he uses the same instrument twice:Shrug:)

Yeesh. Worst I've ever had was polyps cut out in each of my 3 prodecures. At the rear procedure all 3 times, and one at the top end this last time. As a result my schedule has been moved to every 2 years. My grandmother died of colon cancer, and my dad has had several pre cancerous polyps. It's in the genes for me.

I always tell them before going under..."Don't use the same hose for the top that you do the bottom." :D

[/QUOTE]Yeesh. Worst I've ever had was polyps cut out in each of my 3 prodecures. At the rear procedure all 3 times, and one at the top end this last time. As a result my schedule has been moved to every 2 years. My grandmother died of colon cancer, and my dad has had several pre cancerous polyps. It's in the genes for me.

I always tell them before going under..."Don't use the same hose for the top that you do the bottom." :D[/QUOTE]

I have it in the gene pool too from my father's side.

As for the hose, it's anybody's guess!:gah:
I'm sure the Doc's hear that a lot, but it won't hurt to ask.:D

Last edited:
On Tuesday night, got to go on yet another 'date' with my wife on the TG. Unfortunately, before we went, we had to pay respects to her aunt (by marriage) who passed, and was at a funeral home. We didn't stay long as the crowd there was quite large.

We then took a nice ride to the restaurant we went to on our very first date almost 20 years to the day earlier, give or take a day. Anyway the food was good, but I have to say the ride was much better. When she is in the pillion seat, she is always touching me in some way, whether it be rubbing my shoulders or arms. I thoroughly enjoy riding with her. It took nearly 19 years of marriage to get her to ride with me, and I'm so glad she does now.

consitter, It was a spider bite. I'm doing good. No pain or swelling now. It will leave a scare the size of a nickle. It eat all the meat off, first 2 layers of skin and the epidermis layer. Spelling? I don't have much of a epidermis in my skin now. Agent orange eat it up

consitter, It was a spider bite. I'm doing good. No pain or swelling now. It will leave a scare the size of a nickle. It eat all the meat off, first 2 layers of skin and the epidermis layer. Spelling? I don't have much of a epidermis in my skin now. Agent orange eat it up

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the agent orange. One of my uncles has problems with the skin on his arms because of that. He says he's lucky.

I'm posting a little earlier than normal...maybe it will attract some attention.

Anybody ready to chat tonight? I'll be checking back on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png