Late nighters---unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 20 in the bar when we stopped. I took the picture right in front of the door. Nothing around for miles and it was four in the afternoon. It's much larger than it appears in the picture and it gets a lot busier later in the evening. Really packed on bike nights.

- - - Updated - - -

We traveled south yesterday. Today we are going north along the Mississippi and into Iowa. Have a good shift. :vxtyaq:

About 20 in the bar when we stopped. I took the picture right in front of the door. Nothing around for miles and it was four in the afternoon. It's much larger than it appears in the picture and it gets a lot busier later in the evening. Really packed on bike nights.

- - - Updated - - -

We traveled south yesterday. Today we are going north along the Mississippi and into Iowa. Have a good shift. :vxtyaq:

Thanks. Enjoy your trip and be safe.

This is one of those times I wish I hadn't forgot to pack some of those packages of cheese snack crackers.:gah:

Man, I'd love to have that old truck.

I bought a gopro and have only used it once. trying to find a spot on my trike that I can mount it. Not many placed available. I have the trike in my basement now so I can put on my new horns and some more LED lights. I also want to install my MicMute.

I bought a fuse block to mount under the seat so that I can take the 7 or 8 accessories that are connected directly to the battery off the battery and into the new fuse block. Will be a much cleaner install plus I can clearly mark each circuit.

I bought a gopro and have only used it once. trying to find a spot on my trike that I can mount it. Not many placed available. I have the trike in my basement now so I can put on my new horns and some more LED lights. I also want to install my MicMute.

I bought a fuse block to mount under the seat so that I can take the 7 or 8 accessories that are connected directly to the battery off the battery and into the new fuse block. Will be a much cleaner install plus I can clearly mark each circuit.

If you trust the suction cup, put it on the windshield. That little thing will fit on a corner and won't block your view. Me, I'm pretty sure I've got enough handlebar room for mine.

And, yeah, that old truck looks really nice. Seeing stuff like that makes me wish I was a wrencher.

I used it with the suction cup mounted on the front fairing. I had it tethered to the vent in the windshield.. I got a lot of movement in the video which I think was caused by the wind, road and the arm on the suction cup being too long.

I'm going to test a couple more locations as well as mounting it to my helmet since I must wear it once I exit NH on the way to Ontario Canada. I'm sure I will find a place that works. If not, I'll sell it and stick with taking pictures with my phone.

I used it with the suction cup mounted on the front fairing. I had it tethered to the vent in the windshield.. I got a lot of movement in the video which I think was caused by the wind, road and the arm on the suction cup being too long.

I'm going to test a couple more locations as well as mounting it to my helmet since I must wear it once I exit NH on the way to Ontario Canada. I'm sure I will find a place that works. If not, I'll sell it and stick with taking pictures with my phone.

Maybe try it behind the windshield? Wouldn't have to worry about wind moving it. Don't know if there would be enough room. IIRC, there's quite a bit more room behind the windshield of a Venture than there is a TG.

A helmet mount would definitely work. Of course I saw where people were saying that you would be seeing what you are turning to look at...well, DUH...what I'm looking at is what I would want to see on video. :D

ZERO room behind the windshield unless I could use suction cup on gas tank and run a long extension up to the windshield like they use on the ram mounts.

I'm going to mess around with it this week and figure out a couple places to try it.

I'm not leaving for my trip until the 20th so I've got time to figure it out.

ZERO room behind the windshield unless I could use suction cup on gas tank and run a long extension up to the windshield like they use on the ram mounts.

I'm going to mess around with it this week and figure out a couple places to try it.

I'm not leaving for my trip until the 20th so I've got time to figure it out.
I was thinking of sticking the suction cup on inside of the windshield itself...any possibility that could work?

I have a ram mount for my phone. That would be workable. You could use the brake or clutch side reservoir mount, then build it up as high as you need it to 'see'.

One good thing about your RSV vs a TG is no vibration when idling. If you did use any type of handlebar mount if it were a TG, the vid would vibrate like crazy while at idle.

It is for sale. The sign is laying on the ground, but I took the picture from the state road, knowing that my wife would crap if I even thought about the purchase so I didn't even check the price. Just told her I wanted to post in this forum. :D

I totally understand why you'd be interested, as I was silently. :AGGHH:

Today the wife and I traveled one of our favorite routes so will try and take those interested on our journey. 5 hours and only 114 miles round trip. What a beautiful day to leisurely ride below the river bluffs in rich soil bottom ground. Smooth blacktop cruising. I'll begin with my grungy mug shot. Before we even got out of the city limits I spotted these beauties. The last one I got up close and personal. :D

SAM_0717.JPGSAM_0659.JPGSAM_0660.JPGSAM_0718.JPGSAM_0719.JPGSAM_0720.JPGSAM_0721.JPG

Once we got out of the city limits it was 30 miles of flat river bottom farm ground. Boring for some I'm sure, but my mind starts to think about thousands acres that grow our food and fuel economies. My mind fast forwards through pioneers, modern machinery, extreme wealth, and dying old settlements. I fly through the course of history with lightning speed as I cruise on the mostly straight as an arrow bringing into the picture Indian nations who roamed the same ground. Snapshots are all the same it seems, but different. The river shot is below Warsaw on the bluff. More about that in the following post.

SAM_0661.JPGSAM_0663.JPGSAM_0664.JPGSAM_0666.JPG

Warsaw has some fairly decent history that is dying with the ages.

SAM_0669.JPGSAM_0671.JPGSAM_0673.JPG

Leaving Warsaw the next 10 miles or so are like below. Even more beautiful in the fall for sure.
SAM_0676.JPG

At the end of those 10 miles brought us on the Illinois side from Keokuk, Ia. The next couple of miles brought us to the rental you can enjoy for 10 Grand a night. :AGGHH:
Justin Bieber rented it for a night a couple of days ago when his tour bus lost its air conditioning, ah. Took a couple of pictures from outside the gate, because I can't afford to get inside the gate, much less rent for a night. If you want to see more of it you can at this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...t-Airbnb-rental-tour-bus-breaks-Illinois.html

We are on one the premiere cycle roads for miles around headed toward Nauvoo, an old LDS settlement with some excellent scenic views, decent winding road, with hills that make you think you are dropping of the earth. It kind of reminds me of the old massive wooden roller coasters, but you have control of the speed. ;) The wife wanted to drive so she got the bars when we left the cheap rental. :D

SAM_0677.JPGSAM_0678.JPGSAM_0679.JPGSAM_0681.JPGSAM_0688.JPG

Onward to Nauvoo, Ill.

Entering Nauvoo, plenty of things to check out. This will be a spam of pictures since the wife is demanding my attention. :laugh: We took the same route home.

SAM_0693.JPGSAM_0697.JPGSAM_0699.JPGSAM_0700.JPGSAM_0701.JPGSAM_0701.JPGSAM_0705.JPGSAM_0708.JPGSAM_0709.JPGSAM_0710.JPG

An all around packed full day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png