led headlight & spots

I went with the HD because my dealer is down the street from me and installed 'em and all my other xtra lights, and if there are any issues, they can fix 'em. I prefer the way the HD passing lights look with the 3 vertical bar bulbs, and I have the blacked out face instead of the chrome face on the headlight. I dont know how the Kury compares in quality to the HD. They are prob good, as well as the rest of their equipment.

crb i read on the net the phase 7 is the latest update.If you do a search on the net they have plenty to read.truck lite makes the kury's & jw speaker makes the harleys.If you do enough searching there is a Bike mag. that does a good comparison.sorry i don't have the web address.

Kuryakyn has two different LED headlight systems, the Phase 6 and the Phase 7. Which is better and why? Is either better than the HD LED lights, price not withstanding? I really like the extra light produced by the LED headlights but don't know which is the better system and at the prices don't want to have to purchase more than once. Also are there any other options besides HD and Kuryakyn? Thanks. :confused:

CR,

I have the phase 6 lights installed on my TriGlide. I purchased them a few months before the phase 7 versions were released. But now that I've seen the phase 7 lights I'm glad I have the phase 6, and here's why.

The phase 7 lights use a single LED, versus the multiple LEDs used by the phase 6 versions. A single LED, to me, means a single point of failure. At least with the phase 6 lights, if a single LED fails, you have 9 more within that bulb to light the way.

The phase 7 bulbs have a "eybrow" appearance to them, meaning that the reflective surface comprises the top 2/3 of the bulb with the bottom 1/3 "filled" with a piece of plastic. The same goes for the HD versions. I do not like this look at all.

I am primarily a daytime rider and my bike rarely sees road use after the sun goes down. My primary reason for converting to LED bulbs was for daytime visibility. With the multiple-LED construction the phase 6 bulbs offer, they are much more visible in bright daylight to oncoming traffic. To me, that's of paramount importance.

When it comes to lighting, I'm of the opinion that how they look illuminated is far more important than how they look powered off. Whether you go with the phase 6, phase 7, or HD-branded bulbs, you will make a major improvement over the halogen bulbs.

Trike_24.jpg

Lights_05.jpg

(click on photos to see full-size image)

I installed phase 6 bulbs in both of my neighbors CVO street glides and they are awesome. They ride at night and say they are so much better.

A little side by side comparison between stock and TL Phase 7.

High visibility is certainly the goal; L.E.D. lighting has come a long way recently, they will get better still. But to me no matter how bright lights get...we must all keep in mind that we need to ride like we are invisible!! Cagers just don't look for bikes..no matter what you ride..always keep that in mind.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png