LED running lights - too bright?

Jul 13, 2011
Cville, IN / Leesburg, FL
Can LED running lights be "toned down" by adding some kind of a resistor in line with the power wire? Any other suggestions? Obviously, I'm a bit electronically impaired.

I have 4 LED oval lights on the back of the RS and they are practically as bright as the brake lights, but not quite. I would feel better if there was more differentiation between them and the brake lights.

Thanks for any help.

I have Custom Dynamics LED's on the trike, the other trike and the Harley. On the trikes I used a TruFLEX dual converter. It convets single brightness LED's to running and brake lights. The Running lights are 30% brightness and brakes are 100%. I have lights on the Harely that were to bright so I just cunnedted the low sidew of the converter to drop by brightness by 2/3. They are still plenty bright. Here is a link, the dual converter is down almost to the bottom of the page. I have found Custom Dynamics to have great customer service. They will most likely advise you even if your lights are from another vendor.
http://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_flexible_led_lighting.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm...I posted, then noticed a bunch of bad spellings. Tried to edit, but I got a message I can't edit more than a minute after I post. Should have proof read before I hit Submit Reply.
Please excuse the bad spellings.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back