Left side mirror

I was wondering if any of you have removed your left side mirror. I took my Stallion in for some repair work and the mirror was hit and damaged. They were having a difficult time getting the mirror off to repair or replace. I gave them the number for Motor Trike and told them to ask for Richard. I haven't heard if they had any success. If anyone has any suggestions I might pass on to the service department, I would appreciate the info.

JerryC

I was wondering if any of you have removed your left side mirror. I took my Stallion in for some repair work and the mirror was hit and damaged. They were having a difficult time getting the mirror off to repair or replace. I gave them the number for Motor Trike and told them to ask for Richard. I haven't heard if they had any success. If anyone has any suggestions I might pass on to the service department, I would appreciate the info.

JerryC

Someone on the forum had a mirror issue. If you do a search it should be easy to locate.

Morning,

The mirror itself is a BMW K1100RS mirror, it has "clips" that hold the mirror on & lets the mirror "snap off" (I know poor choice in wording, not enough coffee yet).

I've heard from some that mirror parts for this mirror are no longer available through BMW (don't know if that's 100% accurate, or lazy parts folks at dealerships). Below is a link to a basic google search for the mirror, should be able to find any information needed on the mirror.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+k1100rs+MIRROR&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Problem solved!

I gave my mechanic the number for Richard at Motor Trike. He called it, and said they were really helpful. They told him how to pop the mirror off and replaced a spring that had been deformed and he had it back on in just a few minutes. This same mechanic changed the spark plugs and found one of them had only been screwed in two threads, one had cracked porcelain insulator and one was all rusted from water gathering around it and the spark plug boot was so hard to remove he almost pulled it apart. The fourth plug looked great. Needless to say my trike was missing out, stumbling on take off and poor fuel mileage. It sure runs smoothly now with new plugs and plug wires!

I gave my mechanic the number for Richard at Motor Trike. He called it, and said they were really helpful. They told him how to pop the mirror off and replaced a spring that had been deformed and he had it back on in just a few minutes. This same mechanic changed the spark plugs and found one of them had only been screwed in two threads, one had cracked porcelain insulator and one was all rusted from water gathering around it and the spark plug boot was so hard to remove he almost pulled it apart. The fourth plug looked great. Needless to say my trike was missing out, stumbling on take off and poor fuel mileage. It sure runs smoothly now with new plugs and plug wires!

It would be interesting to know what he removed to get to all the plugs. They look like a real challenge to change. If he would give you a description of how and you could post it that would be great.

10-4 on more info on removing the plugs. I did see a post see a post a few years back where someone else did it and they mentioned removing the electronics box on top of the engine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeeMan
Back