Lehmans Heavy Duty Shock

Oct 10, 2013
Harrison,Ohio
I have a 05 Monnarch II, wanting to remove the stock shock, and put on Lehmans heavy duty aftermarket shock. Wondering if anyone has done this themselves? How labor intensive was it? Is it something that should be done by my Tech.? Thanks John

I have a 05 Monnarch II, wanting to remove the stock shock, and put on Lehmans heavy duty aftermarket shock. Wondering if anyone has done this themselves? How labor intensive was it? Is it something that should be done by my Tech.? Thanks John

Everything depends upon when your trike was built and you actually have 2 shocks.

The early Monarch II was built without changing the stock Honda spring and adding the Lehman aux. shock. In 2006 they made a heavy duty aux. shock for the Monarch II and finally they included a Progressive spring for the stock Honda shock in future kits. That solved the mushy ride that seemed to be most prevalent in the 2004-2005 GL1800.

If you have a pre-2007 model conversion I would suggest both the updated Progressive spring for the OEM shock and the heavy-duty Lehman aux. shock.

The OEM spring replacement requires special tools while the aux. could be changed rather easily. If you decide to change the OEM spring, I would suggest doing both at the same time and having your tech involved.

Probably 2-3 hour job.

Last edited:
Everything depends upon when your trike was built and you actually have 2 shocks.

The early Monarch II was built without changing the stock Honda spring and adding the Lehman aux. shock. In 2006 they made a heavy duty aux. shock for the Monarch II and finally they included a Progressive spring for the stock Honda shock in future kits. That solved the mushy ride that seemed to be most prevalent in the 2004-2005 GL1800.

If you have a pre-2007 model conversion I would suggest both the updated Progressive spring for the OEM shock and the heavy-duty Lehman aux. shock. The OEM spring replacement requires special tools while the aux. could be changed rather easily. If you decide to change the OEM spring, I would suggest doing both at the same time and having your tech involved.

Probably 2-3 hour job.

Thanks<I had my tech service the 02 Honda OEM shock and install progressive spring on it 2 yrs ago..

Looked at my shock on 05 monnarchII kit , it looks easy enough to get too. So will do it myself.. Ive heard the heavy the Lehman Heavy Duty shock makes for a much better ride all around, with or without load. Thanks, Ride Safe

Well called Lehman to get my heavy duty shock, No such luck..60-90 days before they can even get one. So if your thinking of getting one better order sooner than later..Guess this project before riding season wont be getting done. Oh well!:(

Monarch II Heavy Duty Aux Shock - Spring

Well called Lehman to get my heavy duty shock, No such luck..60-90 days before they can even get one. So if your thinking of getting one better order sooner than later..Guess this project before riding season wont be getting done. Oh well!:(

I have either the Heavy Duty Spring alone for the Auxiliary Shock, or the complete Auxiliary Shock currently in stock. The spring is $75.00 and with the shock is $135.00 plus shipping.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png