Lightening Bug or Firefly

Lightning Bugs here in east Texas, we still see a few but not like we did years ago

They are going by the way of the Dinosaurs , 20 + years ago they would light up the warm summer nights , Now its rare if i see even one or two......Bats also are gone...And it wasn't that long ago when you would hear the croaking of hundreds of Bull Frogs around the lake, Now its just a few lonely frogs calling out to each other..:(...

Yup, Bob hit it on the head. There around , but with climate change comes with adapting to that change.

All I can say is for some reason the west to east weather has dropped to the south west to south east. And the north east is getting a lot of south to north stuff. Seems to be a fine line from Jurzy north :Shrug:

The Atlantic Ocean is still warm , meaning Nor Easters and more than usual tropical storms are likely to hit here with this pattern , not to mention the abundance of tic’s and mosquitoes.

They are going by the way of the Dinosaurs , 20 + years ago they would light up the warm summer nights , Now its rare if i see even one or two......Bats also are gone...And it wasn't that long ago when you would hear the croaking of hundreds of Bull Frogs around the lake, Now its just a few lonely frogs calling out to each other..:(...

We still have a lot of tree frogs making the night noisy. And at some point crickets go crazy. Seemly multiplying by the millions. Could really do without them and let the lightning bug multiply again.:(:(:(

We probably killed them all off. We used to squeeze the abdomen across our finger making it look like gold ring in the dark. Dumb wasn't it!!!:laugh:

I don't see many lightnin bugs around my place. All that fogging they used to do years ago, in the city really didn't help the species. I wish the skeeters would take the hint & die off.

I saw my first Firefly in CT about 10 years ago. Coming from Alaska it was novel. It looked like the bug in the OP. I saw my first light'ning bug (glow worm) this past summer in OH. Quite different looking except for the glow. Based on my limited experience, that picture is a Firefly.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png