Looking to put trike behind our 5th wheel any suggestions

Has anyone ever towed a stinger trailer for a trike being a fifth wheel?

This last early spring there was a couple coming to my area in Texas from Minnesota. They were pulling a 5th wheel trailer with their Gold Wing trike on an open trailer, hitched behind the 5th wheel. They got about 200 miles from the destination when the trike trailer disconnected from the 5th wheel trailer. They had no idea the trike trailer came loose from the 5th wheel until traffic behind caught up to them pointing and waving backwards that something was wrong. Amazingly, there was minimal damage to the little trailer and none to the trike, as the trailer stayed upright. They did not have any kind of camera hooked up to keep an eye on it and I don't think they put one on before they left Texas to return to Minnesota. I guess they made it ok.

A camera is something you might want to consider if you do this.

Most of the "cycling" snowbirds that come to Texas for the winter are pulling toyhaulers, or motorhomes that pull an enclosed trike/bike trailer. We area riders like to meet up with them and do some rides for a couple of months. Many are repeat visitors and we look forward to their return.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png