Lug nuts

Somewhere I got the idea that the OEM two piece lug nuts were inferior to a solid one piece nut, my research now leads me to think I may have been wrong.

They are inferior the outer shell can work loose, can also get water and brake dust intrusion under the cap. This can cause the outer shell to swell( these were a real challenge on cars and trucks from Northern states, some needed a socket pounded on to remove them

A true 1 piece chrome nut IMO is way better and will last longer, Mcguard lug nuts are top notch

shopping

They are inferior the outer shell can work loose, can also get water and brake dust intrusion under the cap. This can cause the outer shell to swell( these were a real challenge on cars and trucks from Northern states, some needed a socket pounded on to remove them

A true 1 piece chrome nut IMO is way better and will last longer, Mcguard lug nuts are top notch

shopping

I concur

Where do you get them Jack?

shopping

Where do you buy them, Jack?

I just learned something new this morning.............. I always thought that a Lug Nut was JUST a lug nut...

BUT I never ride my TRIKE in the salt, or dirt, so it doesn't worry me, that I don't have the best nuts in town.......I just want "em" to work!!

Ronnie

12/31/23

I’ve been around cars/bikes for many years and I’ve never heard of “bulge type” lug nuts…

Now that I have, I’d like to learn what the difference(s) are.

Thanks!

I just learned something new this morning.............. I always thought that a Lug Nut was JUST a lug nut...

BUT I never ride my TRIKE in the salt, or dirt, so it doesn't worry me, that I don't have the best nuts in town.......I just want "em" to work!!

Ronnie

12/31/23

A quick description: a “regular” lugnut will usually utilize a 13/16” socket to install or remove… the “bulge type” which is used on the Trikes will utilize a 3/4” socket and will fit the hole opening of the wheel better, especially if using a thicker impact type of socket.

Although both utilize a 60* taper, there’s a little more contact surface area on the bulge type too.

IMG_5867.jpeg

baa4b847-bc99-4817-984e-55a947955a85

22808beb-5c70-433f-b5aa-f55d886c5445

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png