Lug nuts

Same here, I never knew there was a difference. I had heard there was but never checked into it. Thanks for the information

A quick description: a “regular” lugnut will usually utilize a 13/16” socket to install or remove… the “bulge type” which is used on the Trikes will utilize a 3/4” socket and will fit the hole opening of the wheel better, especially if using a thicker impact type of socket.
22808beb-5c70-433f-b5aa-f55d886c5445

A 19MM socket fits a bit better than a 3/4".:)

A 19MM socket fits a bit better than a 3/4".:)

Both sizes are very close as 19mm is only .002 (two thousandths) smaller than 3/4” and can interchange pretty good with one another.

Personally I use a 3/4” 6 point impact socket, which fit my lug nuts better than my 19mm. (Could just be my brand of sockets) :Shrug:

Both sizes are very close as 19mm is only .002 (two thousandths) smaller than 3/4” and can interchange pretty good with one another.

Personally I use a 3/4” 6 point impact socket, which fit my lug nuts better than my 19mm. (Could just be my brand of sockets) :Shrug:

Might be the brand of sockets .....My 19 MM Is a tighter fit than my 3/4...

Also most of my sockets are over 50 years plus so that could be a factor....And well used by my two Sons and me..

I have been using this for more years than I can remember, it came as a set, both 3/4 13/16th and 19mm /21mm with a impact extension

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.png

I have been using this for more years than I can remember, it came as a set, both 3/4 13/16th and 19mm /21mm with a impact extension

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.png

I bought a set of lug nuts for my Tri Glide at O'Reilly's. They turned out to be 13/16. I've never seen 13/16 lug nuts before.

I bought a set of lug nuts for my Tri Glide at O'Reilly's. They turned out to be 13/16. I've never seen 13/16 lug nuts before.

I have multiples of 13/16 (Almost 21MM)....Haven't had much use for them...:Shrug:.

I have multiples of 13/16 (Almost 21MM)....Haven't had much use for them...:Shrug:.

In 1978 the auto industry geared up with metric fasteners including lug nuts became the new norm in America, European and Asian factories had been using metrics for years

Back