Maggie Valley 2015

the dragon

Beautiful ride just getting there. Also Hwy 28 (The Moonshiner 28) is also a great ride down to Franklin NC. Just about anywhere on the BRP is good riding. The Dragon is NOT a sight seeing route, it is a hands on stay alert watch other riders/cars and be as defensive as possible kind of riding. But still enjoyable and memorable as any place you will ever ride. When you do it...you will buy a tee shirt and can say "Been there...Done that...got the tee shirt to prove it!" LOL :cxtv::cxtv:

yes Dan you are right, Darlene and I road it on 2 wheels back in 2010 and will do it on 3 this time. for any one that has not made the dragon it is a must. but for sight seeing we liked hwy 28 the best.

The Tail Of The Dragon

The Dragon is a great ride, and have taken it many times. Good thing we will be there mid-week, tho it will still be crowded with the last runs of the summer. With all the turns the rider wont get to see much but the road, a passenger can just sit back and enjoy. :D You can ride that area ALL day EVERY day all week and never take the same road twice.

Maggie Valley 2015 - HAD TO CANCEL

We will not be able to attend the Maggie Valley Gathering this year. Mikey had a heart attack and open heart surgery Friday Aug. 14th. Hopefully he will be released today to a rehab center. Yesterday I cancelled our reservation at the Best Western Hotel so there is another vacancy.
Natalie (Wifey)

We will not be able to attend the Maggie Valley Gathering this year. Mikey had a heart attack and open heart surgery Friday Aug. 14th. Hopefully he will be released today to a rehab center. Yesterday I cancelled our reservation at the Best Western Hotel so there is another vacancy.
Natalie (Wifey)

You know our prayers and thoughts are with you both!!
Tomg

Unfortunately we, Millie and I, had to cancel our reservations yesterday, that will open up a double. We just can't get the health issues under control in time for the event. Very disappointing, but hopefully we can get it done next year.

Natalie (Wifey)

Natalie, So sorry to hear that about Mikey. Glad to read though that he will be going to rehab. He is tough and you guys are just super. In MJ and mine's prayers. Keep us posted.

Ted

Natalie (Wifey)

Mikey and Natalie, Mike and I both send our love and prayers for a quick recovery! What a scary experience you have been going through. Take care of yourselves and we hope to see you this coming winter in Florida.

bikes in shop

We are still coming but my bike is in the shop for the rear master cylinder recall. I started having problems with the rear brakes so they are going to fix.

Bills is an electrical problem. Fuse for the fuel gauge, temp gauge, panel lights etc blows. Think it might be in the relay but with the csc conversion the relays are impossible to get to. the trike body is in the way.

To make a long story shore we will be in the truck.

Natalie (Wifey)

Well by now Mikey is rehab, and Natalie has settled into a routine. I'm sorry that I will miss see you guys, but glad that I will get a chance to see you both this fall! I'll add the old guy, and Nat to the prayer list. And be warned, you know that we will be telling stories about you guys, around the table in Maggie Valley :D

2 more weeks and counting. Heading out this week on a 900 mile work ride out to western PA. Should show that TG is good to go with better half following week.

John and I regrettably have to cancel on the MV Rally this year. I can't walk anymore at all, and John won't leave me home alone. We were all ready to pack and finally faced the facts. My stroke has left me partially paralyzed, and getting around to do Rally stuff - even going to get ice cream - is darn near impossible. We really wanted to see our friends again, but please stay in touch.

We'll miss you and we hope everyone has a great time! :(

Dear Nancy & John you will be greatly missed but always in our thoughts and prayers Charlie & Marietta

- - - Updated - - -

Natalie (Wifey)

Natalie, you and Mikey are in our thoughts and prayers. CharlieD & Marietta

New Hampshire wishes each and every one who will not be able to make MV this year, because of health issues, a speedy recovery and we know Y'all will be there in Spirit.

Rosy & Janice

You don't wanna' miss this one Folks...Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and the Perfect Time of Year...get that Registration turned in...if not, You'll wish You had when the "Pics-n-Posts" start pouring in afterwards...Hope to see YOU there.....ThumbUp

"Unfortunately", Mitzie and I will be there in the Jeep Patriot with the Recumbent Trike Bicycles. We originally intended to ride the Scooters up, but due to Her Knee Replacement Re-Hab, this isn't possible right now. Pedaling is Her best program, so we will be on the "Wrong Trikes" around Town. Feel free to quiz me about any Routes or Locations in the Area while You are there. We will "probably/maybe" take a ride(s) around a couple of favorite road routes while there, so if You can follow a Jeep, just let me know. Sitting with Her leg in the normal dangling position is still a "no-no" right now. Mitzie rode in the back seat to stretch out and do leg exercises on a recent trip to the Smokies (I posted a meet up with mtn rider here), then pedaled over the weekend while there.

Pedaling the Trike is still Her best recovery exercise. For Anyone that hasn't seen the Biltmore, it is waaaaaay more than "just a house". Well, even though in a limited, socializing only capacity, We will see You All there. Looking sooooooo forward to it.....skuuter.....ThumbUp

Speaking of peddling, does anyone know if there are any asphalt paved bicycle paths near hotel that are level? I am looking specifically to rollerblade.

Speaking of peddling, does anyone know if there are any asphalt paved bicycle paths near hotel that are level? I am looking specifically to rollerblade.

"Most" everything I'm aware of in Maggie Valley of the "sidewalk variety" is rough finish concrete, and as far as I know, no actual bicycle greenways/paths....might "google"....;)

You don't wanna' miss this one Folks...Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mountains, and the Perfect Time of Year...get that Registration turned in...if not, You'll wish You had when the "Pics-n-Posts" start pouring in afterwards...Hope to see YOU there.....ThumbUp

Not too late Folks, make Those Plans.....Hope to see "YOU" there.....ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png