Maggie Valley 2018 Registration & Info

Please remove us from the registration "Bill Risley." I have canceled the Best Western ,so if someone needs a room at host, it just opened up.

John, please repost your contact number. I am unable to reach you.:D

616 for nine eight o nine five fore

Mark, are you in Maggie Valley now?:D

Are there any other arrivals with us?

Is anyone interested in an informal "Pot Luck" BBQ cookout later this afternoon at my mountainside home? If so ,please let me know. ol' school Doug has offered to check out the grill and try to get it operational.:D We can all decide what to bring to the gathering if there is enough interest.

I am located on Gaddis Branch Road which is directly accross from the Shell station on Rt.19 at the East end of town. this is about 3 miles east of the BW Motel.

Parking is very limited, so we need to consider carpooling. I would also advise against any Trike riding in my area at night.:gah:Carpooling is safer!! ThumbUp

7 seven two two six zero one 4 seven two.

Tomorrow's holiday isn't going to expedite the delivery of a water pump so have fun where you are until you get where you want to be. ;)

In a verginia motel for 2 days. Had to 86 BW room . Will head for home after repairs on tues or Wednesday . I guess mv was not ment to be.Nothing like HD reliability . If you’re gona do water pumps at least stock them, especially if you recall them . Thanks Willie ☎️

In a verginia motel for 2 days. Had to 86 BW room . Will head for home after repairs on tues or Wednesday . I guess mv was not ment to be.Nothing like HD reliability . If you’re gona do water pumps at least stock them, especially if you recall them . Thanks Willie ☎️

That bites Frank, sorry your having mechanical problems. Did they have a Tri that you could have rented? Either way, be safe coming home

Finally got on here and checked things out. Sorry you are having trike issues and won't make it Frank... :( We were looking forward to seeing you. Hope you get it fixed and make it home safe!

Just got the call, pumps done. New one is on its way tues, should have it on Wednesday. Mean while ——— hope winters better ! Yup, im board ☎️

We left home got gas and left our little village Monday morning around 6:30 am . Made trip with one stop for gas and one stop for lunch. We arrived in Maggie valley at 1:45 with a empty tank.fueled up at the first gas station coming into town. We found our cabin got some rest and then went to get something to eat. We don't have many riding plans at this time.Just enjoying some vacation time.

I hate this for you Frank.... the first long trip out in a while....and now this.

So,,, plenty of time today to plan the next one... hopefully you go SOMEWHERE before winter sets in.

It is what it is. At least it wasn’t an accident! But the pool is refreshing ☎️

Missed it

I was hoping to attend this rally, so close to home and such a beautiful place. However, I was on my way to the Deadwood rally in July when my engine seized. My bike and trailer are still in Cedar Rapids IA waiting for the installations of my new to me engine. Hope to be back on the road soon.

Mary

I was hoping to attend this rally, so close to home and such a beautiful place. However, I was on my way to the Deadwood rally in July when my engine seized. My bike and trailer are still in Cedar Rapids IA waiting for the installations of my new to me engine. Hope to be back on the road soon.

Mary

oooooh!... Bummer. Hope you get it back on the road soon in time for some quality fall riding.

My fault indicator light has been an off an on thing for many miles, Can’t get any dealer attention, I gotta head back to Florida. This is most disappointing.

Bill, I am sorry that you could not make it to Maggie.

Sara and I were there Monday, but had to leave Tuesday morning after the group meeting. My left eye was hurting something awful from spattered oil that hit my eye when I changed the oil in our Camry last Friday in preparation for our trip to NY this Saturday. Sara was in agony with something going on with her back and was taking 2 pills for her stomach (physician suggested) that were at odds with each other. We rushed home and each went to our respective doctors in the afternoon. My eye doctor said I had chemical burns in left eye - I went to ER on Friday, but had no problems then. And Sara has new prescriptions to take. We both have to report back to our doctors in a week or so, so we cancelled our NY trip! Good health is a prerequisite for a good trip!

Judging from the event cancellations noted yesterday, it looks like a lot of people had a lot of last minute issues to deal with, and I suppose the weather reports didn't help any. I pray for those who had trike issues, and pray that all the problems will be resolved. That goes for Bugman & Liz's VW trike and it's overheating issues, they wanted to have their trike at Maggie this year, but it just could not happen.

I did a mass trike & triker blessing at our group meeting yesterday morning. I wasn't sure how things would work out for Sara and I, and did not want to neglect praying for all those in attendance. Prayer is one of the reasons why Sara and I go to our TT event in Maggie, so regardless of how we felt, the safety and health of our Trike Talk friends had to be prayed for! Hopefully next year we won't be in such a rush!

I had a couple of lookers interested in my trophy winning 1996 Toyota Corolla Ferrari yellow trike at the motel. With it's new "0" hour re-manufactured 3 year warranty automatic transmission and it's new lifetime warranty radiator, it's a better then ever buy at $16,500 OBO. If you know of anyone that might be interested, please have them email me at dasurewood@gmail.com and I will send them specs and pictures. I have been retired too long (I never thought I would say that!) and wish to go back into business, and that is the reason for the sale.

I did the work I did on the trike to perfection for a reason, I had the intention of taking it with me to the grave, and never expected to reach my present age! I though I'd be like my father and my brothers and pass on at age 65, but I am still here! Some lucky triker will get a great buy!

At any rate, as my brother and sister trikers you are always in my prayers - not just at our big event in Maggie (or wherever it is) - but throughout the rest of the year!

Till we meet again! Be healthy, happy & blessed!

Chaplain Dave & Sara Sherwood

Dave,

I am glad you and Sara are both on the mend! It was good see you here again even if only for a short while. God bless you both!

Doug (ol' school) & Becky (Sassie & Brassie) Chilcote

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png