Making the Fat Bottom Girl an "AMG" Edition.

Pre Trip Maintenance

Here's what I did:

5K Service

-Replace Engine Oil (Red Line 20W-50)-Replace Engine Oil Filter (Harley Black)-Inspect Oil Lines-Inspect Coolant Level/Freeze Point (Good to -30*)

-Inspect Service Air Cleaner (Put the other one on, cleaned one I took off)

-Inspect All Light Operation

-Inspect All Electrical Switch Operation

-Inspect Brake Reservoir Sight Glasses

-Inspect Brake Linings and Rotors

-Inspect Brake Fluid Lines

-Inspect/Lubricate Brake Controls

-Inspect /Lubricate Clutch Control

-Inspect Clutch Reservoir Sight Glass

-Inspect/Adjust Clutch

-Inspect Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners for tightness

-Inspect Suspension

-Inspect/Adjust Headlight Aim (Adjusted Headlights after lift kit)

-Inspect Fuel System

-Replace Fob Batteries (Did this when I bought her, both fobs)

-Inspect/Adjust Tire Pressure (36F/22R)

-Inspect Tire Tread

-Inspect Vehicle Appearance

10K Service

-Replace Primary Fluid (Red Line Primary)

-Replace Darby Cover Gasket

-Inspect/Replace/Re gap Spark Plugs

15K Service

-Replace Transmission Fluid (Red Line tranny with Shockproof)

-Flush and Replace Front Brake System Fluid (Done at Harley couple weeks ago)

-Flush and Replace Rear Brake System Fluid (Done at Harley couple weeks ago)

-Flush and Replace Clutch System Fluid (Done at Harley couple weeks ago)

-Inspect all Lines and Hoses

-Inspect/Replace Fork Seal and Fluid (Dry)

-Inspect/Adjust/Lube/Replace Steering Head Bearings (smooth)

-Road Test

I do the 5k, 10k, and 15K (these are my schedules) at least once a season, usually early after the cold weather to get rid of any condensation

So ... now I'm ready for the trip except for installing the mighty mites .... unless I'm mistaken, they will be here Monday ... :D ... Installed Tuesday or Wednesday.

I also played with my crank case breather hose lengths. I tried using the chrome coated stuff I have ... couldn't get it to not touch anything. So I just gave up and went with black as tight as I could so it doesn't show much and there is a space below the can = no rubbing anywhere.

All in all, it took about five hours ... Harley would of charged around $700-800. They did get $150 for the brake and clutch fluid flush and $120 for the fluids and gaskets/o-rings ... So i figure i saved ~$400 ... and I know it's done right, or at least if it's not it's my fault ... LOL.

Only found one thing I didn't like ... all three drain plugs had that sealer on the o-rings ... I hate that stuff. Pain to clean off.

The primary and engine oil didn't look too bad, but the oil filter was a cheap Chinese (I think) version ,,, The tranny definitely had Red Line in it. So,
now I have a base line.

I did get the kuryakyn Filler Pad for the tour pak last night (UPS showed up around 8:20 pm ... that's my bed time) ... I think I will do the tour pak relocation thing from DK .. Kuryakyn had a short supply warning so I ordered the filler. Pretty sure after this trip, I'm gonna do the relocation for Harleys Pet Palace, if not, I'll mount the filler pad to the pet palace and use the pet palace as a back rest. Either way I'm ready.

Geezer Day

Yep ... went to the VA and got my b$tt kicked at monopoly ... I have to be banker so i can't even leave when I'm out of the game ... :Shrug:

Didn't do hardly anything else today ... did get the new cord for the electrics, tested it .. works well. Also got the new blanks for the E-Series mufflers, the painted blanks are growing on me ... will keep them for awhile.

Got a weird text ... basically said the mighty mites would be here today ... but ... the text must of been wrong cause tracking still says Monday. Thats good though .. tomorrow I need to pack ... :D .. If the mighty mites came, I'd install them tomorrow.

So that's all I did today ... :D

P.S. Did put the trailer hitch luggage rack back together and tested to see if I loaded it could I get the trunk open ... put a heater on it for the test

2019-04-27 11.37.52.jpg

Cute jacket. Is there Velcro behind the buttons?

I would think it would be a real pain to try to actually button and unbutton the jacket while on Harley.

Cute jacket. Is there Velcro behind the buttons?

I would think it would be a real pain to try to actually button and unbutton the jacket while on Harley.

I believe they are snaps ... but ... if they are hard to operate ... I'll get a friend to sew velcro on it so it just looks like it snaps.

No Mighty Mites

Okay ... so a crummy day today, overcast and breezy.

The tracking for the Mighty Mites is weird ... getting all kinds of texts that make no sense. Bottom line, the latest update says they are still on their way, but, arriving late. Guessing weather ... maybe lost ... who knows ... the government at work.

Another bummer ... there could be weather in the mountains during my trip dates ... rain and high forties in the low lands could mean snow in the mountains ... good news ... I'm retired and can change the dates at will ... :D

The tray\cking for the Mighty Mites is weird ... getting all kinds of texts that make no sense. Bottom line, the latest update says they are still on their way, but, arriving late. Guessing weather ... maybe lost ... who knows ... the government at work.

Another bummer ... there could be weather in the mountains during my trip dates ... rain and high forties in the low lands could mean snow in the mountains ... good news ... I'm retired and can change the dates at will ... :D

"I'm retired and can change the dates at will ... :D"

You are learning to enjoy life :Dorag:

Been retired 11 years this month. But I remember years ago someone jokingly saying to me, "if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans" :) So I'm flexible about plans and schedules.

The tracking for the Mighty Mites is weird ... getting all kinds of texts that make no sense. Bottom line, the latest update says they are still on their way, but, arriving late. Guessing weather ... maybe lost ... who knows ... the government at work.

They were picked up by USPS last Friday and shipped USPS 2-Day Priority Mail, so they should have already arrived. Sometimes USPS does good, other times they don't. I have shipped some from here in Texas to other Texas cities via USPS 2-Day Priority that arrive the next day. These shipped straight from the LJ warehouse in Amherst, Ma.

Tracking Number: 9405503699300489834522

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Status

In-Transit

April 29, 2019

In Transit, Arriving Late

Tracking History

April 29, 2019

In Transit, Arriving Late

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

April 26, 2019, 4:31 pm

Departed Post Office

AMHERST, MA 01002

April 26, 2019, 1:18 pm

USPS picked up item

AMHERST, MA 01002

Got a new update ... same as yesterdays ... still on the way ... arriving late ... It's lost or they would say where it is. LOL

Apparently, I jumped to conclusions, a situation my lifelong involvement with the US Government has led me to assume is the real deal. Just got a text while in the hot tub ... the package has been delivered.

Forgot

There is one more thing I wanted to get on the Fat bottom Girl before my trip, which has been pushed back a week, I've always put the soft brake levers on my Harleys ... I got me some small hands ... ordered them today.

Dang ... more work to do.

Dried Off ... got dressed ... and walked to the MBU ... Me ... the Trike ... and the Love Jugs are all in the same state ... will be installed tomorrow ... :D
Install pictures Fuzz please frame mount right? remember to run the fuel low my friend not near as hard to handle just sayin...:Shrug: good luck and safe wrenching tomorrow...Fred

Install pictures Fuzz please frame mount right? remember to run the fuel low my friend not near as hard to handle just sayin...:Shrug: good luck and safe wrenching tomorrow...Fred

Actually, I'm gonna try the horn mount at first ... might upgrade if I think i need to. But I will do pics.

I also have a horn mount but I also have a frame mount lying on the work bench to get installed. Not sure why I'm putting it off though but I am. horn mount works fine but I think I will try to get a little less vibration on the fan motors soon. :D Fred

Back