Mobil 1 15w50

Damn, you got caught by one of the photo booth cameras. Only 3 or 4 around. I've been lucky I guess. Would I be correct to say that it was a photo of your license plate? Was it 231 or 41? Also I'd argue it for the fact it's legal to go thrue red lights here,(stop and go) because the bikes don't trip the lights. Not to mention the fact you were running shotgun.

I'm not sure of the location It took a closeup of my plate I went to the site and viewed the tape. I really couldn't tell If the light was red as I turned. Done sent payment If you contest it and lose it costs more and they take points off your license No more Tailgunning for a while.

A significant contingent of riders/bikers on another forum I use to frequent when I was riding my 2008 Ultra (w/120r crate motor) found that the H-D Dino Primary Oil was best to use in the primary. This was determined due to less fretting of the compensator. The various oils tried was the Redline, Amsoil, Syn3, etc.. It appeared the synthetics did not do a good job lubricating the Compensator.

However, this year, H-D came out with a new compensator that has a kinda unique oiling system that appears to work!! Although I did install the new compensator in my Trike a few months ago, school is still out regarding the success of the new design. However, I personally will stick with the H-D Dino Primary oil at this time!!

Roger

Formula+ is their Dyno oil for the primary and transmission, I don't use it in the transmission. It will be interesting to see if the new compensator design actually works.

Formula+ is their Dyno oil for the primary and transmission, I don't use it in the transmission. It will be interesting to see if the new compensator design actually works.

I'm waiting on my replacement Compensator right now. I have the GMR Compensaver oiling tray and GMR disk made from PEEK to replace the stock wafer disk with the needle bearing.

I have been waiting 2weeks for the thing to come in so I can replace the older SE comp.

After reading a lot of info I finally went with Mobil 1 20w50 syn. in the engine, Mobil1 75w140 syn. in the transmission and Valvoline 10w40 4/ stroke oil in the primary. Adjusted clutch at the clutch pack and lever. Shift is a lot smoother, neutral easy to find, less clunking. Hope I'm done for a while New Power commander V ,all new different fluids at every hole, everything adjusted, seems like a different Bike :pepper:

Thanks to All for the Info

I'm waiting on my replacement Compensator right now. I have the GMR Compensaver oiling tray and GMR disk made from PEEK to replace the stock wafer disk with the needle bearing.

I have been waiting 2weeks for the thing to come in so I can replace the older SE comp.

It'll be interesting to see how well everything holds up once you start piling on the miles.

Agree, only use Formula + in the primary and Redline Heavy Duty in the Transmission!

Works well for me!!

Roger

I like to see that GMR disk. The oiling tray looks interesting..

I like to see that GMR disk. The oiling tray looks interesting..

Here is the washer that replaces the wafer bearing. Im still waiting on my new SE Comp to install the GMR items. Another guy who also was given one to evaluate as well has reported his Comp no longer makes any kind of chattering noise.

After washer install video >>

Attachments

• GMR PEEK Washer1.jpg
    GMR PEEK Washer1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 76
Here is the washer that replaces the wafer bearing. Im still waiting on my new SE Comp to install the GMR items. Another guy who also was given one to evaluate as well has reported his Comp no longer makes any kind of chattering noise.

After washer install video >>

I have to open mine up again..The new SE comp is making a lot of noise..Have to check out this new bearing/oiling system better..

Thinking also going with the BDL comp..

The BDL setup isn't something I would recommend. The amount of torque that would be transmitted to the transmission main shaft with no buffer could damage the trans. Not saying it will but just a possibility without some shock cushion built in like the compensator provides.

The BDL setup isn't something I would recommend. The amount of torque that would be transmitted to the transmission main shaft with no buffer could damage the trans. Not saying it will but just a possibility without some shock cushion built in like the compensator provides.

I think the newer style BDL has some buffering now..But not positive yet..

- - - Updated - - -

I think the newer style BDL has some buffering now..But not positive yet..

Back