Motor Trike announces a new Reverse Trike

Regular trike vs. reverse

For me I didn't want to go to a trike but I saw the writing on the wall and felt I needed to. So.....When riding my trike I now can't see any difference other than cornering. The view looks the same. On a reverse trike I'd be looking at 2 wheels up front and it sure wouldn't feel like a motorcycle to me.

For me I didn't want to go to a trike but I saw the writing on the wall and felt I needed to. So.....When riding my trike I now can't see any difference other than cornering. The view looks the same. On a reverse trike I'd be looking at 2 wheels up front and it sure wouldn't feel like a motorcycle to me.

I had a reverse trike for two + years and 20 thousand miles, I always felt i was riding a toy or a novelty . :Shrug: And thats why i always kept a two wheeler...

Hmmm... Of the 3 GL1800 reverse trikes I know of that are, or will be, readily available, I think I like the looks of the Sturgis RT18 best, followed closely by the Hannigan. I have seen the RT18 and the Hannigan in person, and the RT18 seems to have a shorter, more integrated nose. Haven't seen the Motor trike in person, of course, but the front end seems to be very angular compared to the rounded lines of the GL1800. Makes for a good size front trunk, though.

Endeavor trikes was the first to come out with the RT conversion concept (2014) That kit will fit any motorcycle and each one is a custom design to fit the bike and owners wishes.

- - - Updated - - -

With the top trunk and saddle bags intact, I wouldn't think you would need that front trunk so big... could have aero'd it down.

The 8 cuft is all the storage areas combined - the front trunk is about 2 cuft just an fyi. It would be impossible to get that much storage and make room for the steering and related components. I don't believe MT is adding the 3rd radiator nor are they swapping out the rear tire for a CT. The unit they have out now is a pre-production and is about 70% complete. I am sure they will fine tune the look a bit before full release.

From an aerodynamic standpoint the MT trike is pretty good except for the 17" wheels which will add some extra drag. The Sturgis is probably the worst design regarding efficiency due to the 18" wheels and huge front end. Many lessons regarding center of pressure can be learned from Burt Munro.

efc84f83-6b22-4059-aa79-f3eaac084e9b.jpg

Yours looks so much better. Someone hasn't been smart enough to buy it from you yet? Or did you decide to keep it?

Why so ugly

The control arm placement is controlling the length of the nose. I assume M/T wanted the long wheel base but didn't want to design a new a-arm & reused their trike a-arm.

Right now, the trike companies are like the neighbor with new 26" wheels on his 2003 Escalade... or the guy with 5 acres who just bought a $35,000 tractor - lots of bling, but teetering on financial ruin. Redesigning a new a-arm would require hiring another design engineer, a few extra prototypes, extra testing, or delaying the release, and the market has washed up in the past 12-24 months. Finance companies won't touch trikes without the 2-wheeler title as well and it's killed sales when you can finance a Can-Am or Harley Trike 100%.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png