Mototrike rear wheel cylinders

Apr 20, 2012
Gloucester UK
Hi all,we are about to overhaul the rear brakes on the goldwing trike we bought last year and are not sure which ones to purchase.Firstly we are in the UK,the trike is GL1500 converted by Moto trike in about 2002.We would like to purchase new wheel cylinders but do not know which ones were used.Any suggestions please would be much apprieciated.Jeff

Re: MotoTrike rear wheel cylinders

Jeff:

Give MotorTrike a call and they can tell you which wheel cylinder you need and might have them in stock and might ship them to you. My wifes 1500 had drum brakes and I think the rearend came out of a Ford ranger pickup.

Speedy

Jeff,

Here is a part number that should allow you to purchase the wheel cylinders locally. (Wagner) F34876. Hopefully that will help get you back on the road in a timely manner! As a side note, if your 1500 has been sitting for a bit, we recommend you bleed your front left brake caliper as well to be sure all air is removed from the system.

Hi Speedy and Motor Trike thanks for your replies,I will endeavour to source some cylinders now that I have a part number.I presume Wagner is the manufacturer not the rear end used.if I am un-successful I will take them off so I can measure them.Once again guys thanks for your input.Jeff At least we still have Sues 1800 trike to use so will not lose any riding weather(when it decides to change)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HomeFree
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png