MSF Manual

Please send me one . I am meeting again with my Senator about a 3 wheel license endorsement , we are speaking first with the head of CT DMV and see what the issues are the is causing the BIG problem . The Manual will greatly help. THANKS

Work on MA next, would ya?? ;) Absolutely ridiculous to have to have a motorcycle endorsement if you're never going to ride more than 3 wheels - I think more people would ride trikes if it weren't for that.

Only trike class listed here is the 25-27 June 2010. Too early for me yet to sign up not knowing this far out where I will be. I am hoping to take the course though.

In a group ( charity rides etc. ) I do ride center lane. If I don't , seems like the guy behind always wants to pass me. Only real reason for the stagger is gives you better breaking distance. Also uses up the whole lane so cages don't think they can pass you . And the bike is not good in the center because of the slick spot caused by oil leakage from cars. All of which do not directly effect the trike .

Actually John, I do ride slightly off center and it doesn't matter which way. While its not as critical on the trike, that oil drip line can not only affect the front stability - particularly if there's fresh rain falling - but the gook also flys from the front wheel, even on dry roads.

I find it interesting that on page 46 they say the following...

"• Don't ride in a staggered formation like two
wheel motorcycles use."

thats not good :no:

Hm...In a manual for a new trike, I think that they assume (yeah, I know...)that the person reading it is a new triker. Staying in your half of the lane if riding staggered with other trikes takes more lane discipline than on a 2 wheeler, as there is less space to wander around. It also teaches a new triker to maintain a larger following distance. It takes some miles getting used to the width and handling of a trike. After experience, staggered formation is a good thing, as it allows a rider to see at least past the trike ahead in line.

When riding alone, I use the whole lane, into corners wide then going to the apex of curves, finding the smooth spot of the road, and so on. I do tend to ride on the left side of the lane, just like on my 2 wheeler, to establish "ownership" of the lane. As a greybeard told me many years ago:"Protect your lane, but don't defend it."

Last edited:
You're very welcome! Ignorance might be bliss, but knowledge is power - and as a fairly new rider, I need all the knowledge I can get and figured I'd share! :yes:

Not sure where to best post this, so I'm putting it here for now....

My brother in law found an MSF Manual for 3wheelers, if any one is interested. I'm not sure where he found it, but I have a pdf copy that I'll be happy to email to anyone interested. Actually, quite a few of the illustrations are Spyders, too!!

As a newbie, I sure appreciate your offer: ghalib@gtikari.com

THKS A TON

Ghalib

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png