Need Freewheeler Passenger backrest docking Hardware

Sent you 2 replies...pissed at Surdyke but perhaps it is my mistake. I opened the package a few minutes ago only to discover that the order contained ONE dock. I thought my order was for TWO...but apparently H-D places a value on this piece of Hardware slightly more than it's weight in gold. $80 with shipping from Surdyke for ONE. If one were to order two @ $68/each plus $26 shipping still ridiculous. Walk into Stealer and they want $92 per Dock...again I stupidly thought there would be a pair based on the schematic shown on the H-D website Installation instructions. Buyer beware. H-D = Hundred Dollars. If you happen to be in the St. Louis area...might be more than worthwhile to stop in at that Dealership.

Have you called Surdyke to ask why they shipped only one?

If you look at the instructions for the kit it clearly shows 2 of each are included

I too would be pissed and demand a a refund or the other pieces that are missing

I bought a new passenger backrest upright with the pad but it did not come with the dock assembly hardware. Numbers 2 on the parts diagram. It also needs #4 and #5.

Is there any way to mount it without the Harley quick detach docking hardware? I would rather install it permanently anyway. I've never seen anything that resembles this HD part but I doubt it was made just for them.

I've seen Chinese backrest kits on the rain forest and fleabay but never just the docking parts. Harley wants 92 bucks for the kit.

Any ideas on something to use to fabricate docking hardware that the upright will fit into or did I throw money down a rabbit hole?

Knees,

On eBay...search...HW ONLY Genuine Harley Davidson Quick Release Upright Sissy Bar Docks....when you find it..put it in your Watch List. Wait a couple of minutes..the Seller will offer to sell all for $121 rather than $135. And the BEST PART!!! Seller is in Independence MO!!!!

Have you called Surdyke to ask why they shipped only one?

If you look at the instructions for the kit it clearly shows 2 of each are included

I too would be pissed and demand a a refund or the other pieces that are missing

If it wasn't Sunday I would have called immediately upon discovering the issue. Have to wait until they are open..9AM CST. And yes...still more than passionately pissed.

Well the watched part on ebay did not do anything. Its still for sale and he never sent an offer. I gonna call the local dealer and try to verify if that part is sold individually or as a set. Maybe I'll make an offer. He charges tax on top of the price.

The seller on ebay did finally make me the 121.00 offer. If the docks come in a 2 pack as my parts guy believes getting new parts from HD is only 10 or 15 bucks higher than the other guy. And will be cheaper if I get screws at the hardware store.

I'm not in any hurry and think I'll buy hard lowers to put on the trike. Maybe it will help with the wind buffeting coming from under the tank.

The hunt continues... were having warm days around here but we need a good rain to wash away the salt from the roads. Come on spring.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png