Need help bad with DNA conversion.

TxHarleyRider

1+ Posts
Reaction score
I’m converting a 2002 Road King Classic with a mototeks axel, same as the DNA, the biggest thing I need help with is the belt. Mine is a 70T 139T and the belt is short, it looks like the axel needs to move reward by about 2 maybe 3 inches I have no idea what belt size I need for it to work. As you can see in one of the pics the swingarm mounting plates are in the center line of the axel so it has to move back.

I’m having a few other fitment issues, I’ve searched and searched for pics of trike builds and there are very few videos or images to review, no images of shock mounts, alignment, or anything. It looks like I will have to use a spacer on one of the shocks, I included a pic with the axel brackets that weld to the axel in place, regardless of which side they are on it looks like a spacer will be needed, you can see in one pic the bottom of the left shock is against the pumpkin.

If I want to use my saddle bags do I have to relocate them, I believe Paughco trikes sells a relocation kit.

Any information or tips, pics, anything that could help me out.

[FONT=&amp]Many thanks in advance.

[/FONT]
0002.jpg

0003.jpg

axel belt.jpg

0001.jpg

Welcome Kelly,

Have you tried contacting Mototeks for support on your fitment issues? Was the kit you ordered just the rear axle alone or did you purcase the trike swingarm from them as well? And if so, did they not send the correct swingarm assembly?

Waiting to hear from Mototeks, will call them again Monday. I ordered the swingarm from them as well, I’m certain it is the correct arm. The belt being to short is the main problem right now, I hope they can tell me which one I will need and I’m having a hard time finding one I think will be long enough.

Waiting to hear from Mototeks, will call them a

gain Monday. I ordered the swingarm from them as well, I’m certain it is the correct arm. The belt being to short is the main problem right now, I hope they can tell me which one I will need and I’m having a hard time finding one I think will be long enough.

When you find out the size, let me know. I may have the belt you need.

Waiting to hear from Mototeks, will call them again Monday. I ordered the swingarm from them as well, I’m certain it is the correct arm. The belt being to short is the main problem right now, I hope they can tell me which one I will need and I’m having a hard time finding one I think will be long enough.

Check the diameter of the pulley compared to the stock pulley. As an authorized trike conversion I have ran into this problem and the pulley on the axle was the wrong diameter. You should have an option on the pulley size.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png