Need Some Advice

I didn't reply earlier as I thought you were looking at a trade, but if buying maybe, make the offer and let him stew on it. If he wants it moved, he'll call. Haven't ridden a DCT … but both the '14 and the '15 are sharp lookers … well, they all three are actually.

I have a friend like this. I don't know how many new bikes he's owned. Called me in October bought a new Sportster. Had them change the bars and exhaust. Didn't ride it at all. Springtime came traded it in. He actually never rode it. I believe salesman have a special little book for guys like him. Yeah they have his number.:laugh:

I have a friend like this. I don't know how many new bikes he's owned. Called me in October bought a new Sportster. Had them change the bars and exhaust. Didn't ride it at all. Springtime came traded it in. He actually never rode it. I believe salesman have a special little book for guys like him. Yeah they have his number.:laugh:

I knew someone just the opposite, He like to visit showrooms kick tires haggle with the salespeople then bottom fish the last offer , But never buy...:Shrug:...

I had customers try do that to me in my business but i stood firm with my prices ...

I would ratter make 50 dollars for one hour 'Than work 8 hours for 50 dollars..

I just tell salesmen they have only one time to give me there one and only time number. I haven’t got the time to play “Let’s make a deal “

I just tell salesmen they have only one time to give me there one and only time number. I haven’t got the time to play “Let’s make a deal “

Thats you and me' Frank....But there are a lot of people who are retired and or have more time on their hands for one reason or another than they should have' So to waste a salespersons time is no sweat off their Bxxx's!....

You dealt with the public so you know what i mean.....

To some people wasting other peoples time is a God giving sport...

I like the "Art of the Deal" ... but ... more importantly, I like getting a new bike and fixing it up (Paws, Carla, nailed it, I like personalizing bikes and fixing issues), especially Gold Wings ... and for the record, I've never lost a penny on a Wing.

Lost lots on Harley's though ... probably because you have to put so much into them to make them like you want them ... cooling the beast, improving the ride and adding bling because stock they are so cookie cutter. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Harleys. Just thought maybe I'd get a bike to ride for a couple years ... still have the Harley trike ... work on it ... and then trike it. I have a whole slew of Gold Wing Accessories, Back Rest, Highway pegs, racks, hitches, etc ... I think if the 14 was white .... I would of sprung for it ... oh well.

There will be other projects.

Life is a cruel old devil ... just when I had gotten used to the idea of no project this summer ... the dealer emails me that he has a 2018 ... pearl white GL1800 DCT Tour ... decisions decisions.

Dang ... I really need a meandering ride ... :AGGHH: ... Time to start packing ... well ... as soon as mom gets released from her foot surgery, I think Kira would be fine with it ... maybe not 500 miles a day, but, 300-400 a day she'd handle well.

Alan, love read about your exploits, adventures and just plain down home creativity. Good luck with that 2018 GW, decisions, decisions, life is full of them.

Life is a cruel old devil ... just when I had gotten used to the idea of no project this summer ... the dealer emails me that he has a 2018 ... pearl white GL1800 DCT Tour ... decisions decisions.

Dang ... I really need a meandering ride ... :AGGHH: ... Time to start packing ... well ... as soon as mom gets released from her foot surgery, I think Kira would be fine with it ... maybe not 500 miles a day, but, 300-400 a day she'd handle well.

Oh Swami..... I am seeing a journey of many miles toward a beautiful white glow...:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png