New Classic Trike

Those mufflers look like you are still running a bit lean already. Find out if the TTS tuner was used or not. There is a lot of performance to be had in just a good tune.
Also check the drive pulley & see if you have a 32 tooth , or a 30 tooth. You will want the 30.

Those mufflers look like you are still running a bit lean already. Find out if the TTS tuner was used or not. There is a lot of performance to be had in just a good tune.
Also check the drive pulley & see if you have a 32 tooth , or a 30 tooth. You will want the 30.

Will it say it on the pulley or is it just a count them kind of thing?

Nice trike. Ride it a bit, figure out what you want to enhance or change then do it and ride some more. Welcome, from New Mexico. Jim

I was able to put 500 miles on it this weekend. Some of the stuff that my wife and I think would be nice are a trunk organizer, a little taller and further back handlebars, a smaller windscreen and maybe a cupholder. I was able to catch the labor day sale and ordered a Long Ride Shields ultra. But as far a performance so its still lacking a little. I know torque and straight pipes don't go together but I would love to make it sound like my straight pipe shovelhead but would settle for more torque and louder then what it is now. My plan is to find a good slip-on that has the deep rumble sound and buy the wires for the TTS. See what happens then. I really don't know much about Twin Cams and what to expect as I always had jap bikes and then this shovelhead.

Today I crawled under the trike to look at the pulley and found I do have Harley Davidson exhaust but on further inspection they are different. One looks open the other is closed up

*rightside (front cylinder)*

*leftside (rear cylinder)*

Stock size pulleys on a 2005 Ultra with factory 5spd are 32 teeth front and 70 rear.
IMO,part of the problem is the extra weight of the trike conversion and smaller engine i.e. 88ci.

I drilled that piece out and they are 2 different pipes. The one I drilled out has a lip and it sounds bad now so Im looking to buy something else.

I don't like "loud" pipes, but I just heard the Cobra Race Pro slip ons = WOW!!

Very deep rumble but not obnoxiously loud like Rhineharts. I may even buy a pair. :AGGHH:

I like the sound that the newer Harleys have. Actually the stock ones on my 2014 TG are a bit too loud. It would drive me crazy if I had to listen to a loud exhaust for hours on the highway. give me my tunes any day over loud exhausts. :D

Going to go to the Stage II sound system any day now. ThumbUp

Have fun and enjoy your new baby. Get a "lift kit" right away, you won't be sorry.

I lost some of my hearing when I was in the service. So I like a louder exhaust then most. You can tell a lot about what an engine is doing just by listening to it. I went ahead and ordered the Jones Full Boar performance exhaust with the 2¹/² " baffles.*

I was surfing the web lastnight and came across some dyno numbers that Full boar exhaust were claiming. If this is all true looks like a 2" baffle would be the best. I do have the headers so I don't know if that would change anything or not.

All stock 2005 harley ran 58.09 max hp and 68.11 max torque.

Full Boar with 1 3/4 baffles ran
64.21 max hp and 75.91 max torque.
6.12 hp gain and 7.80 torque gain.

Full Boar with 2" baffles ran
65.07 max hp and 76.29 max torque.
6.98 hp gain and 8.11 torque gain.

Full Boar with 2 1/2" baffles ran
64.30 max hp and 75.78 max torque.
6.21 hp gain and 7.67 torque gain.

Today after work I came home to a box on the doorstep. My Jones Bros exhaust was here. I snap a few pics along the way.

Inside the box was nicely wrapped.

Nice and shiny

The new Jones Bros Full Boar exhaust is a little smaller in diameter but a little longer then the stock stuff.

I ordered the 2 1/2" baffles.

It looks great to me. The hardest part was getting the old muffler off with out washing it up. Overall it went pretty smooth.

Today after work I came home to a box on the doorstep. My Jones Bros exhaust was here. I snap a few pics along the way.

Inside the box was nicely wrapped.

Nice and shiny

The new Jones Bros Full Boar exhaust is a little smaller in diameter but a little longer then the stock stuff.

I ordered the 2 1/2" baffles.

It looks great to me. The hardest part was getting the old muffler off with out washing it up. Overall it went pretty smooth.

They look great and I especially like the length of them. Any chance we could get some sound bytes of them in action?

Sound of new exhaust

A Video of the stock exhaust.

A Video without any exhaust on the bike.

A Video with the new Full Boar 2 1/2" baffles.

A Video of the stock exhaust.

A Video without any exhaust on the bike.

A Video with the new Full Boar 2 1/2" baffles.

I can do this is one word. Awesome! I like the tone difference in what you had to what these are now. And yet they don't sound overly loud. Have you had the chance to take it out for a ride yet? Wondering how loud they are on the road? You have me interested in these and I thought I was going to keep the stocks on. Thanks for taking the time to both make and post videos.

The right cams will help with adding more torque.

I really know nothing about the cams but what I have read on a few forums. I know I want bolt-in. Not looking to do a lot of motor work. I looked on Andrews Cams website and see one that should work. Andrews 26G

http://www.andrewsproducts.com/sites/www.andrewsproducts.com/files/catalog_pdfs/2014-page9.pdf

My wife had an 05 Road King Motor Trike conversion. It was gutless. I ended up installing an S&S 111 engine in it and it was awesome.

I also had an 02 Electra Glide Motor Trike conversion with a 95 kit, cams, heads, tuned and re geared. It was at least ride able but still not a power house.

We got 2- 2010 Tri Glides with 103's and even with those I did heads and cams to get some juice.

My opinion is you will never get enough power out of an 88, especially 2 up and packed down. Maybe it's just me and I need more. But like I said that's just my opinion.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png