New "Thanks" and "Likes" Buttons

So thanking means I don't agree with you? I think we need a non negative definition! Too many will interpret it as a slam

John, the entire basis of The Trike Talk forum is for the positive and constructive interaction of information by all the members.There are not any means or methods set up for the purpose of slamming our members.

I think Lola, LadyonMission, summarized it pretty good in her recent post:

I have seen several posts, especially in The Jungle, that I did not like but would have thanked the poster for the information so this is a nice addition.

All I can say, from my point of view, if you are unsure of the intent of the "Thanks" or "Likes" features and you want to give a post some love or appreciation to a member's post, then use the "Like" feature. :D

I don't think "Thanking" means I don't agree, it is just hard to "Like" a post about a mass shooting at a school or something really tragic but I can be thankful for the information.

If I don't agree I move on to the next post unless I have an opinion that I care to share.

Thank you Lola. ThumbUp

I like your post. :D

My use of the like button means "I agree with what you said." I don't really see a need for a thanks button. I don't think anyone makes a post looking for a pat on the back.

My use of the like button means "I agree with what you said." I don't really see a need for a thanks button. I don't think anyone makes a post looking for a pat on the back.

I think of it as a way to acknowledge that someone has taken the time to make a thoughtful post and provided good information, or maybe even shared a personal life challenge they are dealing with, which they did not have to do. And yeah I'm sure they don't post just to get a pat on the back, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate their sharing and I sometimes feel like telling them so, or at least acknowledge their post with a like or thank you, whichever is more appropriate to their post. It makes the forum more interactive and there is nothing wrong with that.

Is there a way to view one's number of likes given and received?

Yes there is Bob.

Just click on the "Post Thanks/Like" tab(a little box with a check in it) on the far left side of any of your posts located in your personal information area.

This will open up a window indicating the number of "Thanks or Likes" given or received.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png