New Trike Conversion

Hello All--

I just had a new CSC Cobra XL kit installed on my 2002 GL1800. The conversion was right at $17K.

I've had the bike since new and it was insured with Met Life (Economy Preferred) for just a little over $300 per year for full coverage. My other 2 bikes are on the same policy and I haven't had a claim in at least 10 years.

My agent couldn't get Met Life to cover the conversion for some reason and suggested that I go with Progressive for $600 per year. Does that sound reasonable? They want an additional $60 per year to cover my Bushtec trailer. I live in downstate Illinois.

Thanks for any information!

Dan

Dan, Suggest you try Geico, with them and have full coverage on 2008 GW trike and high limits for under $400 per year.
Look around, watch on this post others should have suggestions.
Hope you find a good rate, $600 is high.

I have AllState and it is more than $600 a year. Be sure you have the trike conversion covered. My agent knew it was a trike but just had it insured as a 2005 Ultra Classic. That was over $600 a year then to add $12,000 for add-ons was another $60 a year.

Try Gieco, I pay $227.00 a year here in Oklahoma for my 2009 Goldwing (w/premium steroe and Navi), Gieco advised me that once my Trike kit is added (25 Jan 2013) my insurance would drop $13.00 dollars (3 wheels instead of 2, won't fall over in the wind ?). Gieco rep stated that the trike kit was just an add-on and that I could go up to$40,000.00 in total Bike and add-on (trike Kit, Chrome features and so forth). They did tell me to keep a detailed list and pics along with receipts for the bike/trike, so I got a three ring binder and did just that. Hope this helps.

I pay $450 a year with $19,000 replacement value. On my 1997 DFT wing. I also added 2 more. 2 wheelers and now pay $650 a year total for all 3 with progressive .