NEW TRIKE, THANKYOU family friends and emergency staff

Glad you will be alright,sorry for your mishap. When I first rode my trike for the first time the same thing veered in to wrong lane, but I was able to bring it back in my lane. A thike handles a lot difference than a 2 wheeler. because of the counter steering. Took awhile to get the feeling of the trike. wishing you a speedy recovery.:AGGHH:

To answer the veering question. It was me, but the recommendation is that I get a steering damper fitted. I didn't handle the sensitive steering well. think I lifted my visor because of sun strike with my right hand and must have pulled the bars with my left.
Damage - New front tire, new handlebars and wiring, new crash bar and pod, new foot peg, fix fiber glass body, 3M.

I may be fixed about the time it is fixed!

Support from local dealer and Harley insurance excellent.Ian.:):wtg::pray::Angel::GrpHug1:

Dude,

Thanks for the candid response. I will likely be picking up mine this week, and hope not to have a similar experience. ...although, the Harley does have a steering damper. Heal up, and hope your ride is fixed up 100%.

Glad you are on the mend.

I have a steering dampener installed and the first ride after I pulled the lower fairings and put on highways pegs I did almost the same thing. I tried to kick down the pegs at 70 MPH. One peg has more tension than the other and it caused my upper body to shift a bit. I crossed 3 lanes and almost hit the center line barricade. Major adrenalin rush. And a learning experience about every action having a opposite reaction. Now I'm aware of it and pay much more attention to maintaining steering control.

Get well and get riding.

Ian, Glad you are going to mend along with the trike. Thanks for letting everyone learn from your experience.

Got my TOI patches today. All I need is a trike! Saw it yesterday, possibly three weeks from Monday to fix subject to parts. Other bits have to be fixed by other dealer as the Harley dealer doesn't do non Harley parts. That is ok. Should be live by the end of August. Exciting times. Booked accommodation today for HOG international rally in Dunedin. NZ Fedruary 17th to 19th 2012. Time for you guys to spread your wings! Ian.

Glad to here you are still with us Ian, the pain will end but the alternative is much worse,,,,I have not posted since around the time of TT rally when I Lost one of my best friends and riding buds a 1/2 mile from my house when a cage pulled out in front of him on 6/26,,,, he was an accomplished rider of near 40 years,,,, we rode nearly every sunday for breakfast and coffee,,,,I would have been with him had I not been riding to Lake Placid,,,,,he could not go along because or family obligations,,,,,wife, 2 kids and a business left behind,,, losing someone like that makes me reevaluate my riding, still have not decided when I WILL quit but when things like this happen I believe they are messages from the Maker! It is for each of us to decide what the message is,,,,, RIDE SAFE AND BELIEVE!

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy, Bob! His family and friends will be in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy, Bob! His family and friends will be in my prayers.

Thank you, its been a rough month, but in the end my point is RIDE SAFE, I have never been in an accident I could have avoided, that is why anticipation is so so important, Everyone enjoy the summer, I will still be off to the grand canyon in late august, hope it cools off!:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png