Newbie Question

wengerda

Gold Member
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2018
alexandria va
Here it goes, I understand the Roadsmith conversion has a rear differential to be checked after so many miles. Now what about when I take it to my Honda dealer my DCT? Oil and filter will be replaced, clutch fluid and what else, I know for 2 wheels they have some kind of final oil, do my 3 wheels also has final oil or that is replaced with the conversion and rear differential fluid? I want to make sure I know what Honda will do, which fluids they are draining on my 21 DCT Tour, NOT including the conversion rear differential fluid. Also hopefully Honda will disable the TPMS warning light in the dashboard. Thanks.

Dan, more than likely they will defer the rear grease as it is not part of the OEM motorcycle.

If they, on the other hand:), are willing to change the differential or check the oil, 80-90WT is for rear end gear.:wave4:

Dan, more than likely they will defer the rear grease as it is not part of the OEM motorcycle.

If they, on the other hand:), are willing to change the differential or check the oil, 80-90WT is for rear end gear.:wave4:

okay rear grease for the conversion, now for the Honda Service which fluids they will replaced on my DCT? Engine oil and filter? What else?

The RoadSmith differential won't need the oil changed until 50,000 miles. Trike dealer can do that. Honda dealer can flush front brakes, change coolant. Oil, filters, air filter. fork oil.

On my Roadsmith, I have two grease jirks on my driveshaft, that I shoot a couple of shots of grease twice a season...........

Jack up the rear of your trike and rotate the tires till you see them, and use a grease gun, and grease away till you see the grease ozzing out................

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png