No Rear Fenders-- Road Grime

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2436&stc=1&d=1287376966

This is my first trike I designed and built and I have been running my trike since 2005 without fenders. The only problem I have had is the rooster tail from the front tire when it rains. (Nothing a good bandanna wouldn't fix.)
I have ridden my trike all over the states and have not been stopped by anyone except by people braking their necks trying to get a good look at this ride.

i'm running a 160 Deuce rear wheel/tire

Wondering why you're running that front tire setup. Was it to address a particular problem? I'm finally doing the Deuce - ordering Weld Draglite 15x10x3.5bs and Mickey Thompson 28x12x15s and the Frankenstein 34" Hot Rod rear. Had wanted to go a little bigger but have restrictions on overall width due to storage area (enclosed trailer). I decided to go with the 34" Hot Rod rear and will fabricate my own passenger seat, passenger pegs, and sissy bar. Can't use the stock pegs with that narrow a rear, but I love the looks of it - kinda like a 3 wheel dragster. I have 5 deg Pro One trees now and plan to start with them and stock 21" front wheel and see how she behaves. Love your springer forks - who's are they? Any suggestions you have most welcome.

Wondering why you're running that front tire setup. Was it to address a particular problem?

nope. i ran the stock 21" wheel before going with the fat meat in front. handling was fine. made a 2500 mile trip with that wheel and experienced no problems. i went with the deuce rear wheel in front primarily out for the looks, but it does have a better feel than the 21" i was running. that's just my opinion, tho. with the rear tires, i think the 160 in front balances the bike out a little more...

grimm

This is a Deuce that we did with 330's on the rear

That's a Mystery Designs, isn't it? Saw one yesterday at the local biker hangout on a Sportster - nice! IRS with air suspension. This one was completely chromed. When I 1st looked at it I wondered about the struts - figured that has to ride rough with the swingarm anchored - then noticed the IRS suspension.

I'm finally doing the Deuce....

This is a Deuce that we did with 330's on the rear and we used a 120/70-21 on the front with 5deg trees. The front wheel is the correct wheel for this trike but with the apes it made the steering very responsive. Some people don't like it so responsive, with short apes or standard bars that goes away.

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2439&stc=1&d=1287412298

Awesome trike I love it. I rode mine down in FL this past week and got lots of looks and every time we stopped people wanted to look and talk. Even had an offer from someone wanting to buy mine but I'm not selling. I am getting new risers tomorrow to get the bars closer to make it easier to make those sharp turns. Arms are kinda short for what I have now.

hey BLACKWIDOW,
I DON'T RUN FWNDERS ON MY TRIKE EITHER AND HAVE BEEN TO DIFFERENT STATES TOO ND NO PROBLEM WITH THE LAW,GRINN
RAY

You have not been to the
EAST coast . Maine is ok maybe even VT and NH but Conn., MASS. and N.Y. as my Friend Tony would say Fagetabodit.

John, that may be so it your state, so be it, i will not come to your state in the beginning, seems like everything in your state is against it all, so you enjoy your state,grinn.

I rode mine down in FL this past week and got lots of looks and every time we stopped people wanted to look and talk.

blackwidowHD, You do have a fine looking ride there and I know what you mean about every time you stop... getting mobbed by people wanting to look and talk...makes every stop take twice as long.

How was the attendance at biketoberfest this year?

Grimm you are correct as long as it's not deamed a safety issue by the officer that pulls you over. Most states try to keep their laws the same as everyone else, but there are a few differences. And like helmets they do not have to honor what is legal in your state when you are in theirs. Most officers will give you a break if your passing through and its not a big issue, but if you are going to be around awhile you will have to comply with that states laws. In Florida you can not have a license plate frame that covers up the state name decal or any of the numbers/letters. The move over law is another example. Not all states have that, but if you speed by an officer in Florida without slowing down or moving to another lane you will get a ticket, even if you are from another state.

A little late in the thread but wanted to mention that Arizona just passed a new one - can't cover up the name of the state here anymore either. I have no idea what they do about out-of-state plates.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png