Not Sure If I'm Getting Old, Smarter or ???

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Been in Southern California for the last couple of weeks, watching the bikes lane share.

Decades ago, when I used to live in Orange County, then San Diego, I split lanes on the regular, without a second thought.

Not sure I would do it now. Traffic is no heavier on the freeways than back then.

Being on the Tri Glide, not really an option now, but if I were out here on 2 wheels, dunno that I would do it going down the 5, 805, 405. 15 or 8. :Shrug:

Kevin

Been in Southern California for the last couple of weeks, watching the bikes lane share.

Decades ago, when I used to live in Orange County, then San Diego, I split lanes on the regular, without a second thought.

Not sure I would do it now. Traffic is no heavier on the freeways than back then.

Being on the Tri Glide, not really an option now, but if I were out here on 2 wheels, dunno that I would do it going down the 5, 805, 405. 15 or 8. :Shrug:

Kevin

You're getting older AKA ; Smarter.....Because as you do get older the fear of death overcomes the thrill of lane splitting...:D...

Hi Kevin.

I think, like so many things we did in our younger years, (and survived) we now know better than to press our luck. It's the age/experience/wisdom thing..... Jim

And I wouldn't split lanes on a 2 wheeler anyway because I don't need to get anywhere in that much of a hurry.

With age comes wisdom, I would not think of lane splitting now with lots of folks carrying guns, it only takes one out of control driver to ruin your day and possibly end your life

I am not in a hurry any more, I would rather arrive alive than in a body bag

Yeah, agree with above comments. Thanks.

When I was 18, my neighbor had the Honda 550 and was splitting lanes on the 405 at a measly 15 mph. Some cager was not happy with it and opened his door on my neighbor. Over the handlebars he went, and even though he was wearing a Snell rated helmet, he sustained a concussion that put him in a vegetative state for over 15 years.

Cager went to prison. Don't remember for how long.

I learned nothing back then, and continued splitting lanes for years after that.

Kevin

I can "think" back in my memory, and remember stupid stuff I did when I was younger (I"M 73 yrs old now) I can't believe I'm still here, being able, to type with many of the stupid stuff I actually did!

Now when I ride it's always the speed limit, NO MORE tryin to break the speed of sound.......... I've lost a couple of ride'n friend cause they still try to beat the speed limit by ride'n 20-30 faster than the posted speed.. Bye! Bye!

I'll get there eventually, and when I do arrive, I'm still all nice and relaxed....

Ronnie

10/17/23

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvflorian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png