Now the wait REALLY begins!

:Shrug:

I don't have Fun moving snow around in the winters up here, But the winter's seem so long.....

Whereas i have Fun in the summer up here, But the summer's seem so short....:Shrug:

Joisey? Dang, you are just outside of New York City, right? Any trike clubs up there? How's the camping up north? I've been wanting to haul my "Time Out" camper upstate New York.

Seeya...

Jim Purdy @ Lucky Cycles said my HDTR Roadsmith kit is due to ship 23 October.

Dang, three weeks after ordering the kit to put it together and ship it. I don't understand that.

Oh well, I'm not a business person so it just adds to the excitement!

Seeya....

Getting closer! The kit is supposed to ship Monday next week. I'm hoping that when I do get the Trike I'm not too anti-climatic with joy after the wait because of all the images supposed images my mind has.

This will be a unique trike. I cannot find any 2015 Road Glide Specials on the internet that have been triked.

I did get one surprise last week. The dealer authorized motorcycle shop , Lucky Cycles, asked me to provide a colored part of the bike to send to the manufacturer for color matching. Hmmm, Okay. I guess there are variations on a known paint color. If that is what it takes to match the paint I'm all for it, no big deal.

There could be a pin striping issue. My bike is a Road Glide Special; it does have pin striping. So how do we match that with a HDTR Trike kit? I'm not sure.

It is getting colder here in Maryland. Dang...

Getting closer! The kit is supposed to ship Monday next week. I'm hoping that when I do get the Trike I'm not too anti-climatic with joy after the wait because of all the images supposed images my mind has.

This will be a unique trike. I cannot find any 2015 Road Glide Specials on the internet that have been triked.

I did get one surprise last week. The dealer authorized motorcycle shop , Lucky Cycles, asked me to provide a colored part of the bike to send to the manufacturer for color matching. Hmmm, Okay. I guess there are variations on a known paint color. If that is what it takes to match the paint I'm all for it, no big deal.

There could be a pin striping issue. My bike is a Road Glide Special; it does have pin striping. So how do we match that with a HDTR Trike kit? I'm not sure.

It is getting colder here in Maryland. Dang...

Roadsmith replied about my pin stripping issue.

Your link doesn't work.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure why it did not work. Below are two pics from Roadsmith with Road Glide Special HDTR conversion kits with pin stripping. After talking to Jim Purdy at Lucky Cycles "we have" decided to NOT go with the pin stripping. Although the pin stripping offered is awesome, we like the "cleaner" look without pin stripping.

The two pics that Roadsmith provided are really the first true pictures of a Road Glide Special HDTR conversion I've seen. I love these pics. They let me salivate on what I'm going to be riding soon.

So, the kit should be on it's way soon!

Road Glide Trike Pinstripes.jpgRoad Glide Trike Pinstripes #2.jpg

Dropped the bike off today for the conversion. Probably take about a week.

I couldn't help but think on my ride up to the shop "what he hell am I doing?" The temp was around 70 the bike was flying down the road, I hit 80 twice by accident keeping up with the traffic, and the corners were fun.

I might need a second motorcycle.

I couldn't help but think on my ride up to the shop "what he hell am I doing?" The temp was around 70 the bike was flying down the road, I hit 80 twice by accident keeping up with the traffic, and the corners were fun.

I might new a second motorcycle.

When i got my first trike 2008 [Spyder] I said i don't need a bike taken up space anymore so i sold my 1800VTX...About a month later a had the first of many brake-downs..The dealer said at least two months for parts....So i had to run out and buy a bike to ride in the mean time...:mad:

I might new a second motorcycle.

Wait till you get the trike back. After you get a few miles under your belt on the trike, a second motorcycle might not seem like much of a need anymore. I thought I might miss having 2 wheels when I first went to 3. I had 2 bikes when I started the conversion and then I sold my second bike just before the trike was done. Now I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have. I've had opportunities to get another motorcycle and I said no I'll pass. I've had as many as 3 at once, but now I'm down to just the one trike and I don't want or need any more. You may find that the trike satisfies your riding needs all by itself.

Wait till you get the trike back. After you get a few miles under your belt on the trike, a second motorcycle might not seem like much of a need anymore. I thought I might miss having 2 wheels when I first went to 3. I had 2 bikes when I started the conversion and then I sold my second bike just before the trike was done. Now I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have. I've had opportunities to get another motorcycle and I said no I'll pass. I've had as many as 3 at once, but now I'm down to just the one trike and I don't want or need any more. You may find that the trike satisfies your riding needs all by itself.

Good advice. I will ride this one for awhile and see what I think.

I've have had a penchant for a good "adventure" bike too lately. Something to jump on a dirt road with. A Triumph 700 or V-Strom.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joefontenot
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png