Oil from trans to primary......

Here is StoneColds words from a beta tester of his latest fix

Those of you that have followed this thread closely know that I had sporty1234 testing venting "The Fix" through a small 1/16" hole in the seal case at the top. It seemed to be working, unfortunately he has experienced transfer with this set up. It is becoming more apparent that the only real cure for this problem is to totally seal off the transmission and primary. If this is being caused by a vacuum in the primary that is the result of an engine seal not containing the engine vacuum I think there must be something that is magnifying that problem, like the engine breathers. Anyway back to the subject, if you have drilled a hole in the seal case to vent the primary, check your transmission levels to make sure you're not still transferring.

Not very encouraging, BUT the man is trying darn hard to fix an under engineered problem JMO

What a minute, ours work & you want to let the MoCo do an autopsy on them.

Jack, I wanted to mention to you that I was at 2 different dealers today & they both said they only have a few customers with the problem. They just don't seem to think its that big of a deal, based on the relatively few problem, percentage wise.

It may not seem a big deal to those who arent having any problem,but for those who are having to check and refill your trans and possibly drain the primary every 700- 1000 miles it is a big deal.How do you manage this if you want to ride cross country.

Everybody had an idea.....No-one not even Harley has the cure.........

Every dealer that i talked to.....Wink-Wink:cxtv::cxtv: has at least 3 M8's with the problem..

And and the word on the street is there are more doing it but the owners don't know it yet, For one reason or another..... IE; Not enough miles on them, Or they change all three holes every 4 or 5 k, And the Mechanic, Doesn't say hey did you know your primary is over filed.....:mad:...

It may not seem a big deal to those who arent having any problem,but for those who are having to check and refill your trans and possibly drain the primary every 700- 1000 miles it is a big deal.How do you manage this if you want to ride cross country.

I would volunteer my trike to be a test mule

Everybody had an idea.....No-one not even Harley has the cure.........

Every dealer that i talked to.....Wink-Wink:cxtv::cxtv: has at least 3 M8's with the problem..

And and the word on the street is there are more doing it but the owners don't know it yet, For one reason or another..... IE; Not enough miles on them, Or they change all three holes every 4 or 5 k, And the Mechanic, Doesn't say hey did you know your primary is over filed.....:mad:...

Bob, This is probably the biggest deal you have posted here

I fear many riders do not do their own oil changes for what ever reason, so you are right they wont know until it is too late or they are out of factory warranty

I bet ya HD will NOT take owner ship of this after the 2 year factory warranty is over, however if you have an open ticket on your bike that should make you good to go IMO

​Just do what Harley tech said to me when i called them direct ....You are under warranty stop at any Authorize Dealer and the'll do it for you at no charge...:xzqxz:

[/COLOR]

​Just do what Harley tech said to me when i called them direct ....You are under warranty stop at any Authorize Dealer and the'll do it for you at no charge...:xzqxz:

And when you are out of warranty stop at any dealer and they will be MORE than glad to charge you for it.:mad:

I hope you know i meant my post sacristy..., Just repeating what Harley told me...

And on my second complaint to Harley.....Get this....If you keep the RPM's over 25 hundred , The oil wount migrate....:xzqxz:;)

Now that is funny:p

Maybe they (HD) should amend the owners manual

Some M8 issues discussed by a HD technician

I found this video interesting, discussing some of the new M8 motor issues by John Maxwell, a highly untrained professional technician a a HD dealership in Georgia.

I was not aware of the rocker box gasket problems. One again, I got lucky.

I would like to know when they changed to the new style oil pumps?

I also wasn't aware that the air cooled & twin cooled M8's had different oil pumps.

I would like to have that updated pump, but I'm too cheap to buy it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png