One wheel drive

I'm thinking maybe I will install a bicycle shock that goes from the Triple Tree to the frame on the right side. That way I might be able to overcome a right turn at slow speeds with force on the handlebars but it may be enough to offset the constant right hand push under acceleration

It has a solid axle supported by 4 bearings that's cut in half. Left wheel turns with the motor, right wheel has the disc for the brakes.

Looks like a converted go cart . 8” or 10” rear wheels. If used on the road, I’d make it a live axle using pillow blocks . Will be a rough ride on the ol back.

You cannot use a live axle on a trike it'll go in a straight line when you try to turn. I know from previous experience. My only other option would have been a differential. The only reason I live axle works on the old school off-road trikes is because the tires slide over the top of the dirt. That won't cut it on the street

Well ,in Nevada I already start off with a bike that's been street legal and registered with the VIN number on the neck and then after that I just make sure I have all the street legal requirements turn signals, mirrors, brake light, tail light, horn, 17 digit VIN number speedometer. After that it's all good nobody bothers me

Well ,in Nevada I already start off with a bike that's been street legal and registered with the VIN number on the neck and then after that I just make sure I have all the street legal requirements turn signals, mirrors, brake light, tail light, horn, 17 digit VIN number speedometer. After that it's all good nobody bothers me

a damper will not help you at all see my previous comment

not trying to belittle you or your design...just hate to see you or anyone get hurt.. but this is a pretty dangerous setup, with that set up,, chances are slim to none you will ever get rid of the pull .. and the reverse is going to happen when you try to brake... and with only one wheel braking that wheel is going to want to skid (ask me how i know)

which will make a stopping ability..very unsafe. pretty sure one wheel brake is not legal in any state

although you say nobody bothers you i would bet dollars to doughnuts if you had to go to a state inspection they would not let you drive it home

also my guess would be if there was ever a claim against your insurance the ins company would not cover the claim ... we all know they are looking for a reason not to pay... when the adjuster comes they get a look at the one wheel drive and the one wheel brake .. doubt they will even think about covering..

again no disrespect intended just hate to see anyone get in physical or financial trouble

especially if i have encountered similar thing just like to pass it on

stace

That is a pretty creative set up

I have 2 questions

1 Are those rear tires speed rated

2 Are there bearings in the rear wheels or bushings?

What I meant by one wheel brake is only one wheel in the back has a brake on there I still have the front brake. I've used both brakes. It stops in a straight line in a hurry. Yes I do agree with you about a state inspection but around here cops just want to know you have a license, registration, and insurance. I don't have full coverage insurance so if something happens I don't expect Insurance Company to pay full out.

LOL I'm sure those tires are not rated even though they say (dot). And there are no bearings in my wheels the wheels attached to a solid axle that turns in two bearings that are sealed bolted to hangers. I will look for a better wheel setup that's better suited for Street applications however I took the trike on a 20-mile trip at freeway speeds doing at least 70. The wheels held up fine but I would like to get something better Suited.

What I meant by one wheel brake is only one wheel in the back has a brake on there I still have the front brake. I've used both brakes. It stops in a straight line in a hurry. Yes I do agree with you about a state inspection but around here cops just want to know you have a license, registration, and insurance. I don't have full coverage insurance so if something happens I don't expect Insurance Company to pay full out.

yes understood.. but w only one wheel in the back its going to pull..again not the best scenario

i wasnt concerned about your trike i was concerned for you.. if you involved an someone got hurt... dont want to be paying someone else's dr bills

Yep, I get it. It's a calculated risk that I'm willing to take. But I'm not stupid I usually take every precaution when building a vehicle to make sure I stay alive and others stay alive.

Update... turns out if you mount a heavy duty spring to the left part of the forks and bring it to the frame it will help overcome the right hand steering. It's way more manageable now vs no spring. I built a slide adjuster to fine tune the spring tension. I also had my rear wheels balanced at the tire shop. Makes a world of difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png