Parkinsons Disease

Sunman

900+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2011
Bellville, Texas, USA
Well, the last six weeks have not been good for me medically. Was diagnosed with Atrial flutter, saw the cardiologist and that seems to be under control.

Friday I saw a neurologist for arm and leg weakness and tremors and was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and just started medication for that.

Both doctors said to continue doing whatever I have been doing (exercise, yard work, etc.) and could even still ride the trike.

Does any one on the forum have Parkinson's disease and is still riding their trike (or two wheels)? Guess I am looking for assurance that others with Parkinson's are still riding and enjoying their trike, and what the future may hold for me.

Prayers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sunman

Well, the last six weeks have not been good for me medically. Was diagnosed with Atrial flutter, saw the cardiologist and that seems to be under control.

Friday I saw a neurologist for arm and leg weakness and tremors and was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and just started medication for that.

Both doctors said to continue doing whatever I have been doing (exercise, yard work, etc.) and could even still ride the trike.

Does any one on the forum have Parkinson's disease and is still riding their trike (or two wheels)? Guess I am looking for assurance that others with Parkinson's are still riding and enjoying their trike, and what the future may hold for me.

Thanks, Sunman

My wife was diagnosed with PD approximately 20yrs ago. She has been and still is my co-pilot.She elected to surrender her drivers license last year. Her biggest problem at present is her depth perception, but we don't know if that is attributed to her PD. She fell down the basement stairs backward and broke her right arm in 3 places. Due to her vision problem she grabbed for the door knob that wasn't where she thought it was. She is 76 yrs old. She is on a myriad of PD medications. As of yet she has no tremors but she has "freezing" where her mind wants her to move but her feet don't get the signal.

Prayers lifted for you Danny.

I have a friend with Parkinsons that still rides his Freewheeler. He has had Parkinsons for a while now and has days he don't feel like riding but enjoys it on his good days.

Thanks, Sunman

Prayers sent.........But also just fight it and don't give into it....

Sorry to hear this Sunman, I'm not familiar with PD but it sounds like you've got a long time to ride yet. Get out there and get some fresh air and free your mind for awhile, wishing you the best.

Danny,

Michele and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers

Don't let this diagnoses get to you... stay strong brother, keep riding as long as you feel you are able to :good:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png