Passenger sissy bar opinion

Sissy Bar bending

Thought I would post a follow up on this issue - First I bent the bar at the lowest bend nearest the seat - Roughly about about 1-1/2 inches rear ward - later I changed to a thinner back rest pad and added a wrap around arm rest kit - Then I pulled it off and had it bent again this time at the highest bend just below the pad - so it is parallel to the bottom inserts - It was a lot of work but , for $40 bucks it is now perfect and gives the passenger about 2" of extra room to scoot back without leaning back too far to be comfortable .

Thought I would post a follow up on this issue - First I bent the bar at the lowest bend nearest the seat - Roughly about about 1-1/2 inches rear ward - later I changed to a thinner back rest pad and added a wrap around arm rest kit - Then I pulled it off and had it bent again this time at the highest bend just below the pad - so it is parallel to the bottom inserts - It was a lot of work but , for $40 bucks it is now perfect and gives the passenger about 2" of extra room to scoot back without leaning back too far to be comfortable .

Cool! Can you post some pictures?

Photos of Sissy bar upgrade as os 3/19

Current Back rest and Sissy bar _ The center pad is no longer bolted to the sissy bar - It is now attached directly to the arm rest plate - Arm rest kit is made by Grabber Enterprises an available on Ebay in various styles - This is the 15" wide version

Attachments

• 20190316_131701 - Copy.jpg
    20190316_131701 - Copy.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 20190316_131607.jpg
    20190316_131607.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190316_131636.jpg
    20190316_131636.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 144
Sissy Bar

It really wasn't that bad - I had a hard time finding someone to heat it and bend it - The local muffler shop tried to tell me it would make it brittle and it could fail ( BS for don't want to do it ) - I found a local welding and metal fab shop that did the bends in less than 30 minutes by heating it with a torch ( Fellow Biker and Harley owner ) - As for mounting the arm rest kit to the bar - Measure twice / drill once - Very easy an not that pricey

It really wasn't that bad - Very easy an not that pricey

Great creativity! I wish I had thought of it! My wife is small, but I am not, and she says it is sometimes a tight squeeze in the back seat. But my sissy bar mods are already committed to metal and seat pan, so I don't think I will change it any time soon.... I just better go on a diet:Dorag:

Sissy Bar Bike 2.jpgSissy  Bar 1.jpg

Great creativity! I wish I had thought of it! My wife is small, but I am not, and she says it is sometimes a tight squeeze in the back seat. But my sissy bar mods are already committed to metal and seat pan, so I don't think I will change it any time soon.... I just better go on a diet:Dorag:

View attachment 69070View attachment 69071

Not to mention the current look really goes with the whole chopper vibe you have going on.

Not to mention the current look really goes with the whole chopper vibe you have going on.

Right... I was really just talking about being able to add two more inches of "rear" space to the overall seating arrangements. I do have a Corbin setup as well for passenger touring comfort Just pull the sissy bar, and plug in the rider backrest... Happy wife... Happy life :D

Seat 1.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png