Picked Up a Sportster with a Frankenstein Kit

GRR

Reaction score
While looking around and debating about converting my Road King to a trike, I found a 2007 sportster with a Frankenstein kit. I showed it to my wife and she decided she needed a trike of her own. It is an 883 with 4000 miles on it. I changed all the fluids, relocated the speedometer, added the windshield, driving lights, and mirrors.

Two weeks later she got her license and six weeks later, she got to give her 90 year old aunt a ride around the block. Here they are ready to go on Sunday afternoon.

KandM.jpg

While looking around and debating about converting my Road King to a trike, I found a 2007 sportster with a Frankenstein kit. I showed it to my wife and she decided she needed a trike of her own. It is an 883 with 4000 miles on it. I changed all the fluids, relocated the speedometer, added the windshield, driving lights, and mirrors.

Two weeks later she got her license and six weeks later, she got to give her 90 year old aunt a ride around the block. Here they are ready to go on Sunday afternoon.

View attachment 46690

Very cool!!! :)

Kevin

Reactions: GRR
Good job George. My wife got her trike in March of 2008 105k miles later she is still thrilled to be able to ride by herself. We will ride together in town getting around but no 2 up riding when we are going on our trips. Enjoy the company.

View attachment 46690
Look at the Smiles wonderful! Congratulations great job. :good: travel safe Fred

Marvelous, Looks great!! Congrats you guys. My 84 year old mom wants to ride our Trike but is just too feeble to climb up.

Love it :clapping: So glad she's enjoying it. You can see how happy she is in the pic, even with the helmet on

Ride safe guys.

Last edited:
Marvelous, Looks great!! Congrats you guys. My 84 year old mom wants to ride our Trike but is just too feeble to climb up.

Sorry to hear your mom can't make the climb.

We are fortunate that my wife's aunt is able to do the things she does. She walks everyday and goes to the gym. She worries my mother-in-law, because she tries to do everything.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png