Pro-Action Shocks

Roger,are these Pro-Action shocks that Kevin's trying out?

Testing%20Shocks_zpsf6aohls0.jpg

How the heck does one adjust them after they are installed ? I gather from looking at PA's website they are designed for a bagger where one can get to them without issue.

- - - Updated - - -

And, at age 71, I most definitely have no desire to lay on my back to do so.

How the heck does one adjust them after they are installed ? I gather from looking at PA's website they are designed for a bagger where one can get to them without issue.

And, at age 71, I most definitely have no desire to lay on my back to do so.

Mikey,if you can afford almost $100K for a new Z06, $500 for a J&S or Pitbull trike jack ain't gonna kill you. :laugh:

:laugh: The issue is where to keep it ....... Two garden sheds later and the mrs is encroaching on my garage space with all the gardening crap she buys and never uses.:gah:

Roger,are these Pro-Action shocks that Kevin's trying out?

Clint, not sure but I don't think so since it appears the "bump stops" appear to be black and the Pro-Action shocks they are a lighter color but not black!! Not enough showing to really tell!

Roger

Last edited:
Can some of you guys that have installed the Pro Action Shocks possibly show some pictures of them installed? Thanks. :)

We've been spending quite a bit of time testing different suspensions over the last 30+ days.

Here is a photo of a few of the shocks that we've been testing. The center one is a Pro-Action.

Shocks_zpsuwb9wabv.jpg

Testing the spring weight-

Testing%20Spring%20Rate_zps3zvm7a8v.jpg

The next two photo's are Pro-Action Shocks mounted on a Street Glide.

ProAction%20SG%202_zpswqdg0fas.jpg

ProAction%20SG_zpsqopz6ypp.jpg

Sorry, I have not yet taken a photo of the Pro-Action on the Tri-Glide, but here is a photo of a different coil-over shock on the Project Tri-Glide.

Kevin

May just have been my particular setup as all are probably a little different? I had the whole rear end hanging and I was lacking a good 1/2" to fit them up. Maybe if I could have tried jacking the rear end down more away from the body I could have made it? In talking to the owner George, he seemed to imply they were not designed to be used with a lift? So far, not worried about it as I seem to still have decent clearance.
Really a nice riding and flat cornering suspension aren't they? Probably the best shocks I have ever owned for any bike.

NHBAGGER, do you have the standard lift kit, or the "Comfort Lift Kit"? Mine is the standard lift kit and I have not idea if the comfort lift kit would make a difference or not. I went back to the garage area to see how the Tech had the Trike elevated and he had the Trike up (scissor jack in the middle of the frame) suspended via a scissor jack with the suspension fully suspended. Certainly appeared to be something I could have done at home had I wanted to lay on my back to do the work, and at 74yrs old I am not really anxious to do that. They only charged me $55 for the installation and quite frankly I would have paid more to not have to lay on my back on the concrete floor!!

I hope you like them as much as I do mine.

Oh, by the way, my Trike is a 2013 if that could have made any difference.

Take care, and enjoy the ride!!

Roger

The Pro-Action, as well as other Coil-Overs will fit with either of the DK Lift Kits, Standard or Comfort. (I talked to George at Pro-Action, and he is no longer telling folks that they are incompatible. In fact, he really likes the Comfort Lift and gave us a quote to use on our website)

Sometimes the Z pipes are not bent quite right and it makes it a tight fit on the install, especially on some of the coil overs (like the Pro-Action) that are a bit longer than the factory shocks.

The easy fix is to disconnect the bolts holding the slip-ons at the very back of the trike. This will let the slip-ons droop a little and will give clearance between the Z pipes and the swingarm to let the swingarm drop a bit further enabling easy shock fitment.

Then once there is some weight on the wheels the shocks will sag a little, allowing you to easily bolt the back of the slip-ons back up.

Kevin

I am wanting to put these Pro-Action shocks on my 2014 tri glide with a tglidestuff lift kit. (same as the dk lift kit) I have been talking with Kevin about these new shocks and the fact that he is going to start selling them. My concern is how hard is it to get to the top ring or the bottom of the shock once they are installed if I want to make an adjustment. If they send them set up for my wife and I riding two up what happens when I load up heavy for a road trip. If I were on a bike I could easily adjust the shocks or do these not require that? I watched the video of Pro-Action making adjustments to the shocks on a bike. They adjusted the spring tension on both sides but the lower adjustment was only made on the right shock, why is this and when adjusting them on a trike would you only do the right side or both?
Questions, questions, questions sorry for this but when I am going to spend $800 I need to make sure this is what I want.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I am wanting to put these Pro-Action shocks on my 2014 tri glide with a tglidestuff lift kit. (same as the dk lift kit) I have been talking with Kevin about these new shocks and the fact that he is going to start selling them. My concern is how hard is it to get to the top ring or the bottom of the shock once they are installed if I want to make an adjustment. If they send them set up for my wife and I riding two up what happens when I load up heavy for a road trip. If I were on a bike I could easily adjust the shocks or do these not require that? I watched the video of Pro-Action making adjustments to the shocks on a bike. They adjusted the spring tension on both sides but the lower adjustment was only made on the right shock, why is this and when adjusting them on a trike would you only do the right side or both?
Questions, questions, questions sorry for this but when I am going to spend $800 I need to make sure this is what I want.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mike, the pre-load they put in the shocks when you order them is good for up to 500#. The fine tune clicker is adjusted on BOTH shocks on the Tri Glide. This is from Pro Action when I called them about the bottom adjustment(clicker).

Since I do ride two-up 95% of the time this set up has worked great for me.

On the Tri-Glide the pre-load is not that easy to change as it is on the two wheeled bikes. So when I ride solo the ride is stiffer ,but that is usually just to gas up or wash the trike. The ride IS a lot better on all types of road conditions. Even the on/off bridge joints. My girlfriend liked them right off the bat. Our total weight two -up is 320# and I have the fine tune clicker set on number 3.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png