Raked or not raked

I have ordered and received the trees. Now all I need to do is install them. My wife has terminal cancer so most of my time is spent taking care of her. So it will be quite a while before I will get them installed.

I lost my wife the 25th of June. I finally got my head on straight enough to have my rake kit in stalled and get my drive shaft checked. The rake is great, it handles like a dream now. They told me the splines are too loose. Now for my problem. My air ride controls don't work, and the volt meter don't work. The headlight adjust and the 4 ways do work. What could be loose that would keep the volt meter and the air shocks controls from working. The panel is pluged in and the fuse for the compressor is good.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife Bob!! That has got to be tough! RIP.... :(

Do you have a Motor Trike Adventure conversion? Sounds like you might. Unfortuantely, Motor Trike keeps their technical info pretty close to their chest but It sure sounds like you have a loose wire or bad switch. I rode my '06 with the Adventure kit for nearly 50,000 miles but never had that issue. The LED dispaly went bad but the control still functioned.. I don't know where the two connectors that plug in up front are connected to the kit but it must be back by the compressor. If you take the seat off I'd bet you can trace the wires. Honda switches are not very well designed so I would not rule that out either.. Good luck with the fix.

When I got my 05 new i told the dealer that i wanted to try without the rake...

Since that time I have been through all of the twisties you can imagine. and only ONCE did I regret not having a rake. that was when I tried Kuryakin handlebar setbacks, and tried to do the West Virginia turnpike..... BIG MISTAKE.

Took the setbacks off, and havent looked back.

If I sell the Trike I will probably have to install a rake, because somehow folks have been convinced that they need or must have it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png