rear brake pads

Just had my brakes done front and rear last week. First set for both, right at 16000 miles. Dont have a answer for your question but mine was the same way. Both inside pads were worn very unevenly. Just lucky to have taken it in when I did or I would have got more then just the pads. (2010).

Not really I believe they were comparable to HD stock. Paul is reasonably priced he has all ways been good to me.

I think you'll suffer sticker shock, a full floating composite rotor is not a cheap piece. His other composite rotors go for $499 a piece so I would expect a set for the TG rear will be in the neighborhood of close to $1,000, I buy the HD rear rotors all day for $246.74 for a set from 20% online dealers.

msocko3,
Where do you get the rear rotors for $246 a set. My rotors and pads are shot. Dealer quoted me yesterday $282 for each and $90 for the pads. $655 total plus labor. Do they come as a set and the parts guy not realize this?

I think you'll suffer sticker shock, a full floating composite rotor is not a cheap piece. His other composite rotors go for $499 a piece so I would expect a set for the TG rear will be in the neighborhood of close to $1,000, I buy the HD rear rotors all day for $246.74 for a set from 20% online dealers.
Lyndalls composite are $299.00.. Eastern Performance price $265.00

msocko3,
Where do you get the rear rotors for $246 a set. My rotors and pads are shot. Dealer quoted me yesterday $282 for each and $90 for the pads. $655 total plus labor. Do they come as a set and the parts guy not realize this?
Lake shore Harley -SurDyke harley-both give discounts and free ship over a certain dollar amout.

msocko3,

If your dealer is trying to sell you HD rotors for $282 each he's trying to hose you. MSRP on the brake rotor PN 83425-09A is $154.49 ea, the MSRP for the pad kit PN 83911-09B is $89.99. The pad kit comes complete with everything to do both sides so only one kit is needed, rotors are sold each not as a set.

I buy 99% of my parts from Lake Shore Harley Davidson lshd1 Home Page. The rotors are $125.21 ea and the pad kit is $71.96 through Lake Shore, right now they are discounting shipping for July.

Thanks guys. I was going to leave my old rotors on for the price I was quoted. I really am hoping the parts guy made a mistake on the price he quoted me.

I just called Lake Shore HD. Was told the 83425-09A was $156 but has been superceded with the 83425-09B which is now $256 each. Parts guy did not know why or what the change was. So now I'm back to $600 with pads plus labor which really gripes me but not a whole lot I can do.

I just called Lake Shore HD. Was told the 83425-09A was $156 but has been superceded with the 83425-09B which is now $256 each. Parts guy did not know why or what the change was. So now I'm back to $600 with pads plus labor which really gripes me but not a whole lot I can do.
looks like a kit now..surdyke has them for $204.00
Not sure what is in the lit on the rotors..Maybe have the dealer call MOCO and ask why.

Wow, talk about sticker shock! Heck Lake Shore doesn't even have the new PN available on their web site yet so it must be pretty new. I see New Castle HD is listing the new rotors for $192.10 each https://shop.newcastlehd.com/catalog/parts/harley-davidson?sku=83425-09B.

they are probably the "A:" verson rotor. the "B" verson rotor states a kit and are more money..not sure what is in the kit?

Been following this post for awhile now. I was kinda confused by some of the info in here. Wasn't sure if prices were each or a set when quoted in some post until this last one. Anyhow picked up a 83425-09B today, and it is a "set". 2 Rotors only nothing else. My cost was 217.71. Add the 38.42 back and they would be 256.13. Plus pads at 76.46 my cost.
All a wash with tax. But I was happy to get outta there with parts in my hand and less than $325 after reading around over here.

Been following this post for awhile now. I was kinda confused by some of the info in here. Wasn't sure if prices were each or a set when quoted in some post until this last one. Anyhow picked up a 83425-09B today, and it is a "set". 2 Rotors only nothing else. My cost was 217.71. Add the 38.42 back and they would be 256.13. Plus pads at 76.46 my cost.
All a wash with tax. But I was happy to get outta there with parts in my hand and less than $325 after reading around over here.
so comes as a set versus per each rotor..Thanks for the Info!! That would explain the price difference..

Hallelujah. Thanks for the info. You might have been kinda confused but I was really confused. I had called 5 dealers who all said $256 each. I just called HD customer service who confirmed they come as a set (2 rotors). Called my dealer back who entered the part number in his HD program and it said comes with 2 rotors. So again, thanks so much - you made my day.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png