Rear Brakes on my 2020 Tri Glide

Great. Looking forward to the outcome.

Hope they work. Showed up on Amazon,but when I looked up "fit" says will not fit my 2020 Tri

I installed the rear brakes this morning. They fit just like the OEM and I can't see any difference in them except the pad material. I will see about the dust over time.

Install notes:

THIS IS FOR REPLACEMENT OF NEW LOW MILEAGE PADS. IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF PAD WEAR YOU WILL HAVE TO PUSH THE CALIPER PISTON IN WHILE TURN IT COUNTERCLOCKWISE TO RESET PISTON FOR E-BRAKE.

1 - Chalk front wheel and loosen lug nuts with park brake on.

2 - Jack up rear from jacking point USE A SAFETY STAND, and remove wheel. DO NOT LEAVE E-BRAKE ON OR APPLY FRONT BRAKES UNTIL COMPLETE REAR BRAKE JOB IS OVER

3 - Remove the pad pin holding clip and loosen bolt with a T-30 before removing caliper.

4 - Remove the two bolts holding caliper bracket to axle starting with the top one. they use a 9/16th socket.

5 - Remove loosened pad bolt from step 3

6 - Remove outer pad then inner pad. During all this process do not pull on parking brake arm on the back of caliper. This will push the caliper piston out and cause unnecessary work.

7 - Take vibration plates off of old pads and install on new pads. This will stop vibration and noise.

8 - Install pad retaining pin and finger tighten with T30 until it stops then install retaining clip.

9 - Install caliper back on axle. Start with lower bolt first then upper bolt. Tighten ALL loosened or removed bolts to OEM torque spec for you bike. Do not forget to tighten the pad retaining pin.

10 - Clean off brake dust from rear caliper and wheel. Install wheel and torque to OEM spec.

11 - Complete the other side, Pump rear brake pedal, TEST BRAKES AT LOW SPEED. If pad manufacturer has a pad break in procedure follow it.

12 - GO RIDING. BE SAFE

Attachments

• 2020 REAR BRAKES.jpg
    2020 REAR BRAKES.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 156
That's great news Peter . . . and a great write up. Thanks. Looking forward to your report on how they perform and most importantly the issue of brake dust. I've only got about 250 miles on my new 2020 and now that I'm getting better from my knee replacement surgery I plan to put on my ProAction 14" shocks and install a set of RJS wheel discs - https://rjsoriginals.com/FREEWHEELER/Tri-Glide Wheel Discs.htm - that should help keep brake dust off the wheels. May want to go with the pads also.

That's great news Peter . . . and a great write up. Thanks. Looking forward to your report on how they perform and most importantly the issue of brake dust. I've only got about 250 miles on my new 2020 and now that I'm getting better from my knee replacement surgery I plan to put on my ProAction 14" shocks and install a set of RJS wheel discs - https://rjsoriginals.com/FREEWHEELER/Tri-Glide Wheel Discs.htm - that should help keep brake dust off the wheels. May want to go with the pads also.

I had 72 miles on mine when I changed them. I don't know how the RJS wheel discs would look on the CVO TG with the open area between spokes.

I just looked and the RJS wheel discs will only fit the standard 15" wheel. I have 17" on the CVO stock.

I put 120 miles on the EBC brakes and not a hint of dust so far. wheels are as clean as when i cleaned them after the install.

Have had those wheel discs ever since the 16 was new.. They keep the outside looking very clean. Take the wheel off & the dust on the inside will scare ya to death. I put EBS shoes on shortly after Tri had a couple thousand on it. Not a whole lot better. Just fair. Had to power wash the dust off . Now that Lyndall has started making pads for a trike. I will go back to them. Had them on 2 wheelers years ago. Best pad ever in rain & min. dust the "Gold" series. Someone told me 19's were listed on Lyndall site so maybe 20 will be there.

Have had those wheel discs ever since the 16 was new.. They keep the outside looking very clean. Take the wheel off & the dust on the inside will scare ya to death. I put EBS shoes on shortly after Tri had a couple thousand on it. Not a whole lot better. Just fair. Had to power wash the dust off . Now that Lyndall has started making pads for a trike. I will go back to them. Had them on 2 wheelers years ago. Best pad ever in rain & min. dust the "Gold" series. Someone told me 19's were listed on Lyndall site so maybe 20 will be there.

I've been waiting until my new knee is better to install the ProAction 14" trike shocks and comfort lift kit that I took off my 2018. At that time I will install the RJS discs. I could do it now but first I'm wanting to get the TG over to Hog Skins to have that PPF installed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png