Rear bumper

Hello everyone

I just purchased a new Triglide and I have about 600 miles on it. I traded my 2011 electric glide on it. Best decision I made I love the bike. I'm considering a rear bumper for the bike wondering if it just bolts to existing holes in the frame?

Hello & welcome to Trike Talk ! I hope you find all the information you can use here.
There is a lot of experience on this forum. Also a lot of friends that will help answer all the questions they can. Also there is a lot of kidding around, so don't get upset !
I think you are going to really like your new toy!
The bumper should be a bolt-on application. I only have a '12ym with the bumper & it was just a bolt-on. The mounts changed with the '14ym, but with the correct part it should be an easy fit.
Ride Safe !

Just a bolt on deal for the HD bumper anyway. Now get you a DK lift kit and some floorboard extenders and you will be set. Welcome to the club .

Steve

Welcome to the gang ... yep ... it's just a bolt on .. and I'd echo the lift and board repositioners ... both are great upgrades.

I concur. Bumper, DK Lift kit and floor board extensions are a must! Enjoy your new ride. I'm loving mine more and more each time I ride.

I don't have the rear bumper yet. Guess I should consider one too. It's been almost 2 weeks since I bought anything for my Trike so I'm due.

Welcome from Colorado. I put the bumper on my trike. The kit came with longer bolts and goes back in existing bolt holes. Just need a little Loc-Tite, socket wrench and box end or crescent wrench. It helps to have something to kneel on.

Better ride+

Ride better, handle better and better ground clearance thats all. And most of all doesn't look like it is dragging it's butt on the ground. :Shrug: ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Is it hard to install. Also want to put bumper on. Should I do at the same time. Thanks for the help. Jack

Yep....."Bolt-On"......I just put one on for a TRIKE TALK TENNESSEE TOI CHAPTER Member last Saturday......ThumbUp

Trike extended shock mount brackets (trike lift kit of choice) require a well supported trike with the rear wheels removed, a butane lighter to heat up the bolts (that's what I use to soften the factory loctite), and some basic tools (I use a 3/8 air ratchet with sockets). It is about a 1.5 hour job the first time you do it. If you consider yourself a mechanic you can do it!

Bob :Dorag:

Ride better, handle better and better ground clearance thats all. And most of all doesn't look like it is dragging it's butt on the ground. :Shrug: ThumbUp ride safely fearless

Yep What Fearless said, I installed my own lift kit and I ordered the Bumper when I bought the trike. the HD shop installed the Bumper if they can do it then (well you know the rest) ;)

Back