Rebel RT

Light of day

RT SunShine.JPGFirst time in the sun shine. Still waiting for the welding TieRods I want to thank you guys that have expressed your opinions on my RT at the many different stages...:clapping:

I know LarryA likes the high head light, I'm more of a in the middle kind of head light. I'd move the light up to the middle of the tape line and french it into the front fairing. It would be a bit more useful at night but yet give it the low look. Just my $0.02.

not sure but i bet there are law on height for the street

CVC

Florida and 11 other states the minimum is 24 above ground max of 54.California is 22 and 54
I am still looking for my CVC book, have not seen it since me moved in February, Is it also to center of light? Thank you Ted, Now I am NOT going to get the look I want, back to the drawing board.

SORRY to be the bearer of that news.
Ted: I know there are laws in the Ca. vehicle code book (CVC) and I am just playing with different looks, I'll look again this weekend for my CVC book and if not I will head out to the DMV next week and wait in their DAMN long line and buy a new one which I should anyway for any changes not known to me. Did you see the pictures of my first trike in the VW section under #269. I love the working with foam and fiberglass just hate the sanding...

Headlight bracket

2019-11-01Headlight mount.JPGHeadlight and bracket will move with the steering and not interfere with the nose piece AND not obstruct my road view, Ok, OK, OK, you will see when it's welded up, Ohhh! and the hole at the bottom will get a screen for air to the engine?RT venting.jpgEDIT: another Ohhh! can you see the wires hanging down from the signal lights, they are 3 wire, not 2 so I will have running lights with the headlight. :D EDIT Again: You can also see the lower frame rails opening where I would like to install running lights like I did in my custom made eScooterDriving Lights.JPG...

Last edited:
I am still looking for my CVC book, have not seen it since me moved in February, Is it also to center of light? Thank you Ted, Now I am NOT going to get the look I want, back to the drawing board.

Tomy you are doing great work. I envy you and your ability to visualize then fabricate like you do. Keep it up it looks like it's going to be a great ride

Ride Heigth

Damn shocks are really soft and no adjust so I had to raise the frame from 4.5"-5" (damn it looked so cool) to 6.5" in the front and 6" in the rear. Ride Heigth adjusted higher.jpg

Ride Height

Side view ride heightNew ride heigth-side view.JPGIt will sit a little lower with the weight of the engine and my 200 pound azz...

Nose Piece

RT Nose Piece.jpegI really like this nose piece and to my old hot rodding days no one has made it so I just might go with it and use driving lights low and on each side? The scoop would be great for engine cooling but that's where the steering is - or maybe on the sides? The shape of the grill reminds me of a skinny 35 ford grill?

surely u could make it work but might be easier to find one with a hole for a rod,,, rather than the slot for a bar...
Thank you Stace, BUT, I am learning so much about motorcycle parts and how they work in unison to other parts. After thought, IF that slot was angled towards the axle hole it would work (chain adjust movement) So I might be better off with a setup like a springer disc uses? or?

Thank you Stace, BUT, I am learning so much about motorcycle parts and how they work in unison to other parts. After thought, IF that slot was angled towards the axle hole it would work (chain adjust movement) So I might be better off with a setup like a springer disc uses? or?

either way.. if you can find what you need either one id still go w the springer type then u dont have to be as fussy w the stop block and a little rotation will take care of chain adjustments

Nose art

Nose art side scoops.jpgHPIM3922.jpgHPIM3924.jpgNow you can see the side scoops I am building, The center is out 3" and tapers up and down to 0", So the vertical piece will be the screen and the sides maybe screen material also? (side grills?)more air in and out, The front will get a grill, long and skinny?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png