Rekluse Clutch

I pulled the clutch derby cover and tweaked the free play gain just a smidgen to tighten it up some.Took a quick 200 miles ride yesterday and it works much better.All in all I really like the Rekluse. I do use the clutch to up shift but do not use it to down shift. The Rekluse has allowed me to ride more without pain.Sitting at a light or in stop and go traffic the the Rekluse shines!

Glad it's working for you.

I just couldn't get it to work properly even with all of the adjustments I made (I got tired of removing the derby cover every time I needed to do an adjustment - it would be nice if they came up with an easier way to do the adjustment).

I agree it was great in traffic and such but I couldn't get it adjusted properly and it was a bear to use (and to be honest I got tired of trying).

I put in a S/E clutch and it's working great (so far anyway).

Sorry

Sorry to hear that you were having so much trouble with the recluse clutch. I don’t exactly know why. Works good for most people. But, a person has to do what a person has to do.

I pulled the clutch derby cover and tweaked the free play gain just a smidgen to tighten it up some.

Took a quick 200 miles ride yesterday and it works much better.

All in all I really like the Rekluse. I do use the clutch to up shift but do not use it to down shift. The Rekluse has allowed me to ride more without pain.

Sitting at a light or in stop and go traffic the the Rekluse shines!

I’m glad to hear you are getting the clutch dialed in. Hopefully it gives your hand some rest.

I’m glad to hear you are getting the clutch dialed in. Hopefully it gives your hand some rest.

It has been a godsend!

I still have to use the clutch handle to up shift and that's still a bit of a hassle but I have been hooking my hand over the handle and pulling my whole arm back. Not great, ugly and prob not safe but I'm riding again!!!!

I would certainly agree with these comments. When I purchased my 2017 CVO Limited new I hated the engagement point of the hydraulic clutch. I installed these Oberon adjustable levers. Problem solved.

https://hogleverage.com/

After 11,000 miles I took the bike to Fuel Moto in Wisconsin and had them convert the 114 to a 124. (almost 130 hp and almost 140 torque) To handle the extra power they installed a performance clutch from AIM. The problem then was that it greatly increased the lever pull. To fix that I added the AIM slave cylinder. Problem solved again.

https://aim-tamachi.com/products/lf-v3-light-force-clutch-slave-cylinder

After another 6,000 miles we retired and bought a home on Beaver Lake near Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The last mile to our home is dirt, rocky, rough and steep in a few spots. It was a wreck waiting to happen on 2 wheels so we took the bike to Texas and had Papa Zook do a CSC trike conversion. Another problem solved.....not quite.

The stability issue was fixed but 1st gear was just too high for these conditions and it was a chore to coordinate the clutch, rpms and braking. That's when I started looking at the Rekluse. Fuel Moto had them on sale for $750 and I bought one. With the help of the good instuctions that come with it and some step by step YouTube videos the installation was easy. The kit offers different springs to match the idle rpms and also power ratings.

I went with the heaviest springs and the set-up instructions were spot on. No further adjustment needed.

It has absolutely taken the challenge out of this goat trail. Also we have several roads around here where there are stop signs on fairly steep inclines. No more brake releasing, engine revving, clutch slipping drama. Take your foot off the brake, twist the grip and go.

I have had a previous Harley that had some clutch slippage in the higher gears. Rekcluse assured me that I would not have slippage and I believe that to be true. I have hammered through the gears just to check and no problem.

That is ONE SWEET ride.........:gah::clapping: { I think I got this wrong Was trying to reply to a reply, don't know how to do that}

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png