Ride On question

Me too. I have an old Progressive kit that plugs into the spark plug hole. Fills tires instantly. No cartridges or compressor to lug around. They don't sell that set up anymore.

Here's a tip. Replace the rubber cement every year. Don't ask me how I found that out. :)

Go to Target and get a $1 rubber repair kit and toss the patches, keep the glue.

Still have not been able to hook up with the rep at Ride-on, will keep at it.

At this point, I am thinking moto in front & auto in the rear. I am not hung up on cost. I think IF 8oz of the moto in front is the minimum, will probably get a 2nd tube. They should have put this in 12oz tubes to cover the min & max with one tube, sell more this way, I guess.

I would also like to know how much faster the moto seals vs the auto, just for my own info. 1.5x or 2x faster (all other factors equal)? And what is this in real time, seconds or minutes? I plan to ask the rep and will report back when I find out.

Thanks again for the comments guys.

I carry that nifty mushroom style plug kit and a little air compressor — in addition to having Ride-On in my tires.

Even though I have read the instructions on both pieces of equipment - if I had a hole that the Ride-On didn’t fix, then by the time I dug them out of the trike, opened and read the instructions again, got the tire moved to a position where I could get to the hole, glance back and forth at the instructions, then tried to work the plug equipment.... honestly?....I think the roadside assistance would have had time to already arrive, take care of the problem, and have left. But that’s just me...

I sure hope my Ride-On takes care of the problem.

reply to graygoat

Hey Graygoat!

....Dude, just buy 6 bottles of the motorcycle tire stuff (Ride On)....then fill what you need on tires according to their charts......wouldnt worry if you gotta little too much or little in tires but try and fill close as they say........the motorcycle juice stops leak hole faster than car tire stuff (that's what they say).........you'll have a little left over! ....you'll spend almost a "c-note" but you'll have max protection!

.....Thats what I did on my 2016 triglide and now have several hundred happy miles!!!!

..............I believe you can order this stuff on Amazon too.(in fact, that's what I did) ....will have a little left over if you wish to keep for next time!

Cheers!:D

Like Rooster said, 'go for it'. Keep your tires on auto balance and give you peace of mind. Public relations says it will make the tires last longer and get better mpg, but then I don't know about that. Here's a tip that might help get RideOn into the tire, I used a couple small flat pieces of wood and two clamps to squeeze the tube. I could not do it by hand. Maybe someone else has a better mouse trap.

Like Rooster said, 'go for it'. Keep your tires on auto balance and give you peace of mind. Public relations says it will make the tires last longer and get better mpg, but then I don't know about that. Here's a tip that might help get RideOn into the tire, I used a couple small flat pieces of wood and two clamps to squeeze the tube. I could not do it by hand. Maybe someone else has a better mouse trap.

I poke a hole in the bottom and very VERY slowly add air. It will push the stuff right in. You can no longer save what's left but I've tried saving the stuff in a bottle without hole and never used it anyway.

reply to Gary D

Amen to that, my brother! Replace that cement in your plug kit every year or so! (if you've ever used it - then throw it away as it will be dried out in the tube the next time its needed!)

..... I can't remember how many times during the years that I had to plug a tire and the glue in the kit was dried out!!!!....Always had to plug it anyway and did, but it made it very difficult!! (radial tire plug alone always stopped the leak....but really makes it hard without the slicky glue)

....... I once had a neighbor who worked for a tire co for years.....He swore that he was plugging a tire once and the plastic handle of the insert tool actually "Broke while push-twisting the plug into the tire," The rod then rammed into his hand so deep that he had to go to Dr.'s office fast! (Yuck,......man, what a grizzly picture that makes in my mind)

.....ever since he told me that story many years ago, I always am aware of that possibility when I plug a tire! (I do what I got to do, but I respect the cheap tool as best I can)

Anyway, glad you brought up the tire tool kit glue issue......I shall replace the glue in my kit this weekend!

Ride Safe!

I carry that nifty mushroom style plug kit and a little air compressor — in addition to having Ride-On in my tires.

Even though I have read the instructions on both pieces of equipment - if I had a hole that the Ride-On didn’t fix, then by the time I dug them out of the trike, opened and read the instructions again, got the tire moved to a position where I could get to the hole, glance back and forth at the instructions, then tried to work the plug equipment.... honestly?....I think the roadside assistance would have had time to already arrive, take care of the problem, and have left. But that’s just me...

I sure hope my Ride-On takes care of the problem.

That kit is the best out there. We used on a bud's bike. Took us about 20 min, no cement needed. Took longer to pump up using the engine attachment. I now have a small compressor. Trust me it is quicker than road service.

Different guy from Ride-On called me today, said to use the moto product on a Tri in all 3 tires. Said the Spider, with 3 car tires, can use the auto product. So I will go with the moto stuff, will probably order 5 tubes so I can go over the minimum dose as needed. Will check on Amazon price and go from there.

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Different guy from Ride-On called me today, said to use the moto product on a Tri in all 3 tires. Said the Spider, with 3 car tires, can use the auto product. So I will go with the moto stuff, will probably order 5 tubes so I can go over the minimum dose as needed. Will check on Amazon price and go from there.

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Just remember that this is a product that more is not better. So don't go over the max amount. You can get too much and create a balance problem. I highly suspect that's exactly what some have done that don't like the product and make claims it doesn't work. It does work when used as recommended.

Just remember that this is a product that more is not better. So don't go over the max amount. You can get too much and create a balance problem. I highly suspect that's exactly what some have done that don't like the product and make claims it doesn't work. It does work when used as recommended.

Ya that, the rep said there is a "sweet spot" between the min & max, and to start with the min and work up if needed. And NEVER exceed the max dose.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tw0fast4u
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png