riding a trike after years of..

Glad you are able to be "back in the wind" :) I like many others rode 2 wheels for about 45 years. When we first got the trike I thought it was a huge mistake. It took me about 1K miles to get used to it. But now I love it and think you will too, once you get your muscle memory to accept the new way of riding. Wishing you many happy miles.:D

As far as the weave goes try relaxing your grip a bit.Let the trike do the work.What happens to me is if I grip too tight or stiff arm it and I get a cross wind go over uneven pavement I shift a bit it gets transmitted to the bars and it doesn't take much to move the trike.

interesting, I will have to look at their design?[/QUOTE

here is the email I received from frankenstein trikes:

Henry

You purchased the premium kit which includes the trike kit, the exhaust and the raked tree.

We do not sell fork tube extensions with our tree.

Some companies sell the fork tube extensions with their tree because of the way their trees are made.

I do not know if there are fork tube extensions available, if you were to find some and install them it would raise the front of the bike which would be lengthening the trail which could make the trike heavy to steer.

We only have one tree for the touring models.

I am not sure how the back of the trike could be higher than when it was a bike.

When our trike kit is installed the back of the bike is lowered less than ½”

When the trees are installed on the front, the front is lowered less than ½”

The height of the wheels and tires are very close to the height of the motorcycle wheel and tire.

As far as the weave goes try relaxing your grip a bit.Let the trike do the work.What happens to me is if I grip too tight or stiff arm it and I get a cross wind go over uneven pavement I shift a bit it gets transmitted to the bars and it doesn't take much to move the trike.

I admit I have been holding on with a death grip that makes hands hurt by time I make it back home, I dont stiff arm if very much or at least I dont think I do, I will try your suggestion, It will be a few days before I can ride it again as I have put off to much work around here, I have a floor to replace in bath room plus total remodel of same , install chimney for wood furnace, rent back hoe to rebuild back stop for on site shooting range, plus a few jobs I need to get done asap on metal lathe, Lot of irons in fire that need dealt with before snow flies, but that's all normal for everyone, so much work for so little time,

Hank

Back