Roadsmith 2017 CV boot replacement

I have a 2017 Roadsmith on a 2003 Goldwing

CvV boots are torn

Can’t get the axle nuts loose.

Using 36mm socket and 3/4” breaker bar

And extra leverage. Also tried electrical impact gun.

I have the cotter pin removed already

And the brake caliper is off.

I have done many trucks and cars

Never ran into one this tight before.

Any advice is most appreciated

Thanks Jim

CvV boots are torn

Thanks Jim

Jim.......Welcome To Trike Talk....:wave4:.....Have you tried applying heat to the nuts..??

I know this sounds crazy, Any chance the nuts are left handed threads ?:xzqxz:

MrTrike

Jim.......Welcome To Trike Talk....:wave4:.....Have you tried applying heat to the nuts..??

I know this sounds crazy, Any chance the nuts are left handed threads ?:xzqxz:

I have no idea why you want to take the axle nut off. All you have to do is remove the axle with the 2 cv joints on it. Then remove c-clip from end off damaged axle. Now slide cv-joint off axle and replace boot. If sand or water got inside cv joint, then wash entire joint and repack it with moly cv joint grease. replace joint and c-clip, then reinstall axle. make sure you torque the 6 bolts. I would say to put a dab of blue locktite on the treads before installing bolts. Good Luck Dick

CvV boots are torn

Thanks Jim

Welcome Jim,

Mr Trike is the founder of Roadsmith Trikes and knows them like the back of his hand because he is who has designed and manufactured the entire Roadsmith product line for the last 42 years. As he said, it is not necessary to remove the axle nuts in order to change the CV boots, just unbolt and remove the axles.

The joints are Volkswagen-based, and are "flat-sided" joints that make changing a boot a pretty simple job. Just be sure to use grease designed for CV joints - regular ole moly-b can cause havoc with the boots.

Boot part number: 113-501-149

CV joint part number: 113-501-331

If you need more tech support, instructions or parts support, call Mike or Doug at Roadsmith Trikes

at 1-800-331-0705.

Randy

Mr trike (Dick)

Thank you for coming on and helping other's with R/S problems..

I want you too know that your the reason that I went Roadsmith, model, instead of any of the other brand names.............Cause you always come on and help..

Thank you again, and again!!

Ronnie

(third season with R/Smith now, and happy as a clam..........)

I met Mr Trike (Dick Lindholm) back in the day when the first 'Trike Shop' was on Beach St. A super nice guy that definitely knows 'Road Smith', and was always anxious to chat 'Road Smith' when he was in his tiny office. Thanks Dick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png