Roadsmith HTS1800 Trunk

Mine was rather hard to get locked when I got it. I readjusted the latch, took me a spell to get it right. Works good now.

Glad your getting it took care of.

What ever happened to Customer Service?

Not trying to flame anyone here ... but it always amazes me when people buy stuff from a dealer hundreds of miles away, and expects them to do warranty work by coming to them.

I do swimming pool repairs/service, I have a customers that is 185 miles from me. When he wanted me to install a new cover on his pool, I explain to him, the warrantee policy of the manufacturer and that my mileage was not covered. A year later the motor failed. It has a 3 year warrantee. I told him I'd get the new motor and install it for free, however, my mileage was his responsibility, he said he wouldn't pay. I offered to spit it with him, he still wouldn't pay. He took me to small claims court, even the judge said I was more than reasonable in my efforts to make him happy. He took to social media ... I got a lawyer and threatened to sue him if he persisted. When he finally quit, I offered again to split the mileage, but he'd have to pay it up front (I was born at night, but not last night), he sent a check, I installed the new motor. We talked while I did, and now, he's one of my best customers.

Moral of the story, you can bad mouth them all you want here (to a point), but you are gonna come off as just that, a complainer. I feel you should accept at least some of the responsibility for buying an item that does not have local support. Work with them, sounds like they are willing to send parts and walk you through the install. If you don't want to do the work yourself, make an appointment, go for a ride and let them do it. Just my humble opinion.

I respect your opinion, but if you did the original work, don't you feel some level of obligation to solve your customer's problem? I would never buy a swimming pool, but if I were, I would take this guy's comments very seriously and stay away from your company. On the other hand, if you would have happily done the warranty work, I would think you were a stand up guy and stood behind your work.

I can see you side, but as a consumer, I am more on the customer's side.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjon
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png