Roadsmith shocks

Mar 1, 2011
Corona CA
I have a new to me 08 Roadsmith trike. On a ride last weekend I noticed that in wide sweeping turns it seemed to lean to the outside a little more than my CSC trike did,

I had tightened up the shock on the CSC because it seemed to rock from side to side a little a speed.:pepper: Tightening up the shock helped that.

I looked at the shocks on the Roadsmith today and the are in the lowest setting. What is the recommended setting for these ? It seems that the middle setting would be worth a try to see if it take corners more flat.

Has anyone adjusted theirs ? What setting did you use ?

Raising the preload on the shocks will improve the cornering. Also, do you have the sway bar? I think the RS by design will not corner as flat as a CSC but it will do a lot more than you think and stay under control.

Raising the preload on the shocks will improve the cornering. Also, do you have the sway bar? I think the RS by design will not corner as flat as a CSC but it will do a lot more than you think and stay under control.

:Agree:

One of the first things I did to my 2015 Roadsmith was to set the shocks at the middle position. I also have the heavy duty sway bar and rider controlled preload option so I can tweak the ride from there. Usually have the preload set to minimum until needed.
Once you get the shock adjusted I believe you will be much happier. :xszpv::xszpv:

Unless your RS has been modified it has a sway bar. You might try one of RS's performance sway bar. If I feel like my RS is leaning to the outside or a curve or turn I apply pressure on the inside floor board. If I'm turning left the wing will lean to the right because that's just what it does so I stand on the left floor board. It seems to work for me.
I have never touched my shocks from whatever it was from the factory. I have played with the tire pressure somewhat and presently run about 21 psi. Things seem to work, for me, there.
Good luck

My RoadSmith always felt as if it leaned excessively in the corners, and the Wife always complained of a rough ride. I did set the preload to 25 to satisfy her. This made the bike sit high in the rear, and really loaded the front tire. I pulled the rear wheels and found coil-overs set to lowest setting. I adjusted them to the highest setting and then reduced the preload to 5. The Bike now sits level, took away most of the lean in corners and have not had one complaint from the wife.
It really made a big difference cornering. Bill

I have a new to me 08 Roadsmith trike. On a ride last weekend I noticed that in wide sweeping turns it seemed to lean to the outside a little more than my CSC trike did,

I had tightened up the shock on the CSC because it seemed to rock from side to side a little a speed.:pepper: Tightening up the shock helped that.

I looked at the shocks on the Roadsmith today and the are in the lowest setting. What is the recommended setting for these ? It seems that the middle setting would be worth a try to see if it take corners more flat.

Has anyone adjusted theirs ? What setting did you use ?

I had the Roadsmith installed on my 1997 GL1500. Maybe a little different kit than yours but I'm sure it's similar. This is my 3rd year on the trike and I still felt excessive body roll on the corners. Today I picked up my trike after having the dealer install the performance sway bar. they were able to do it by removing the rear wheels and didn't need to remove the fiberglass kit. i took it on all the twisties I could and it was 100% better than it ever was. I only wish I'd had it installed during the conversion. It would have been a lot cheaper.

Roadsmith Shocks

The leaning of my 2003/2004 GW Roadsmith only became noticeable after I added the 6 degree rake. Normal? Can the shock setting be changed to offset the lean?
:Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png