Rubber caps in the cooling lines.

I have read several posts about the rubber caps cracking and failing in the cooling system. My wife's Stallion had the problem with the cap in the engine compartment. It was fairly easy and inexpensive to replace. I also understand there is another cap in the rear of the bike near the radiator. Question, how do I locate the cap, and then, how to I gain access to the cap to replace it. I suspect now that the front one has failed, the rear cap might not be far behind.<br />
<br />
J.

I have read several posts about the rubber caps cracking and failing in the cooling system. My wife's Stallion had the problem with the cap in the engine compartment. It was fairly easy and inexpensive to replace. I also understand there is another cap in the rear of the bike near the radiator. Question, how do I locate the cap, and then, how to I gain access to the cap to replace it. I suspect now that the front one has failed, the rear cap might not be far behind.

J.

You may or may not have the rear cap. I have an '08 and I do have it. From what I have read on this forum, it appears that the '09's and later do not have it.

To locate it, lay on your back on the left side rear of the trike. Look up, if it is there is very easy to see. If you have an early Stallion, it would have probably already erupted.

You may or may not have the rear cap. I have an '08 and I do have it. From what I have read on this forum, it appears that the '09's and later do not have it.

To locate it, lay on your back on the left side rear of the trike. Look up, if it is there is very easy to see. If you have an early Stallion, it would have probably already erupted.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had looked up at the left rear and did not see any cap. Both my wife's and my Stallions are 2013 models. I am glad to know this is not an issue I have to face. We are learning at lot about the Stallions in our riding, about 5000 miles so far. We have learned from experience, we needed the "now installed" remote battery posts, and the separate fan switch.

We also check the jam nuts on the calipers on the front brake before every ride...

All that said, we really enjoy the Stallions having switched from many years of riding Harleys that were becoming a problem for us as we have aged.

(I am 75 with some arthritis in my hands and the front brake and throttle on the handle bars were becoming a safety issue) We believe the Stallions are adding several years to our riding enjoyment.

Heading out to Death Valley right after Easter to take in the desert bloom. Thanks again for your reply.

J.

Back