Ruting

NC Triker

200+ Posts
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
Supply, NC
Ruting season has begun. The bucks are out looking for a doe to hook up with. I was headed to the local VFW to help cook for our monthly breakfast Saturday morning before sunrise when I came across a big buck in the middle of the road. I was only going 35 MPH because of the deer around here. When I saw him I came to almost a complete stop before he decided I wasn't what he was looking for and wandered off the road. Be careful not only at night but daytime too.

In my area there isn't a rutting season so to speak....The deer are out all year 24/7...

There almost like pets.....Its unusual Not to see them cross right in front of you, And most times they just walk in of you slow as can be without running...

And they refuse to use the Crossing Where the Deer Crossing signs are....;)

They are just as obnoxious:mad: as joggers and bicyclists.......

My brother- in- law was riding along (2 Wheeler) minding his own business when a deer runs out and runs right into the side of his bike. Only injuries were bent handlebars and foot peg. He was lucky.

Well at least you can eat some or most of the deer after you whack it...not so much the joggers/bicyclists...unless...:xzqxz:

Well I ride a bicycle. Probably put more miles on my bike than motorcycle. Ride a bike and you'll find out how useless some car drivers are. :cxtv:

Iv'e hit or was hit by 9 or 10 deer [Woods Rats] in the 45+ years i lived here....Only once on a Bike [Trike Spyder]...Just minor damage every time, Just up the road from me and a little past my Sons house at least twice a month there will be a dead deer on the side, And knowing how far deer can run on adrenaline alone i'm will to bet there are more than that hit..

Whenever i'm going past that spot i slow down, Whether or not i see a deer.. Too much plastic on my Slingshot to be whacking a deer...:cxtv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back