Saddlebag alternative

Reaction score
Has anyone converted and installed a set of the Harley saddlebag guard bags to your trike? If so, how did you attach them and what are your thoughts on them? I was thinking about using the sticky back Velcro.

I know Harleys sells saddlebags that go there for around $400 and there is a company that sells this setup for around $350. However these are just setting on a shelf in my garage collecting dust and I thought about putting them to use.

Attachments

• Saddlebag.jpg
    Saddlebag.jpg
    953.3 KB · Views: 116
Can never go wrong with more storage spots. My understanding is that holes have to be drilled to attach those bags.

Has anyone converted and installed a set of the Harley saddlebag guard bags to your trike? If so, how did you attach them and what are your thoughts on them? I was thinking about using the sticky back Velcro.

I know Harleys sells saddlebags that go there for around $400 and there is a company that sells this setup for around $350. However these are just setting on a shelf in my garage collecting dust and I thought about putting them to use.
Talk with seethroughbraz.com. They will fix you up with their adhesive kit for your own bags. They're really good people!

The 3M industrial adhesive backed Velcro I have will hold almost anything!
I would not hesitate using it for this in lieu of drilling.

The 3M industrial adhesive backed Velcro I have will hold almost anything!

I would not hesitate using it for this in lieu of drilling.

I have the H-D bags and love them - couldn't live without them - very convenient.

As AZBOB09 said - if you don't want to drill holes contact them.

I'm very leery on Velcro attachments - never had good luck with it in the hot summer temps. I know Velcro is great - the problem is the glue, that always gave me problems......always. I'm always on the look out for a great holding adhesive. :)

I don't see how another couple holes are going to hurt anything and I KNOW FOR SURE they will not fall off Especially when I carry my camera in one - and I can put a lot of weight in them.

Good luck ThumbUp

Back