Side car Suspension

So I bought a used side car. All steel and possibly homebuilt. Real nice and quality welds and bends. My only concern is a solid stub was used for axle with no suspension. This will only be used to take the dog for ice-cream so human comfort is no concern. However it seems a stone on the road could throw us off course. Or am i over thinking here? Do all cars have suspension? Was thinking a torsion stub axle may be worth welding in Before i start fabbing mounts. Anyone run a "hard" car?

I seem to remember the Harley sidecars had a solid axle and the tub was suspended on leaf springs. A suspension would absorb some of the bumps and not transfer them to the frame.

So I bought a used side car. All steel and possibly homebuilt. Real nice and quality welds and bends. My only concern is a solid stub was used for axle with no suspension. This will only be used to take the dog for ice-cream so human comfort is no concern. However it seems a stone on the road could throw us off course. Or am i over thinking here? Do all cars have suspension? Was thinking a torsion stub axle may be worth welding in Before i start fabbing mounts. Anyone run a "hard" car?

My bsa was solid axle sidecar. No problems for me. They are quite light though.

Back