Slip-on muffler question

Jun 21, 2021
Wooster, OH
OK, this seems like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. My trike came with Rinehart exhaust. I think they are a little loud. So I ordered a set from American Custom which has a couple different baffle options. My old exhaust clearly has a left and right muffler. There is an indent that faces the inside on each of them. The new ones have the indent on the same side so they are exactly the same. You would never actually see this after installation. So, I guess my stupid question is - does this matter? Is there a difference in the factory exhaust between the left and right muffler? :qpnmt::qpnmt:

OK, this seems like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. My trike came with Rinehart exhaust. I think they are a little loud. So I ordered a set from American Custom which has a couple different baffle options. My old exhaust clearly has a left and right muffler. There is an indent that faces the inside on each of them. The new ones have the indent on the same side so they are exactly the same. You would never actually see this after installation. So, I guess my stupid question is - does this matter? Is there a difference in the factory exhaust between the left and right muffler? :qpnmt::qpnmt:

I do know that my Stock [Factory] Pipes and mufflers ...The Left side muffler are more baffled than the right side...:Shrug:...Run a run a doll stick in each side and you'll see that the right side will go in deeper ...

Just to close the loop on this. Just talked to Bruce at ACE. Since both of the mufflers on our trike use the bigger diameter connector, they are technically both left side mufflers (he said the right side has a small diameter on the touring models). So everything is good. Going to install them now.

I do know that my Stock [Factory] Pipes and mufflers ...The Left side muffler are more baffled than the right side...:Shrug:...Run a run a doll stick in each side and you'll see that the right side will go in deeper ...

:Agree:

When I recently installed the Fullsac Performance recore kit in my stock 2017 mufflers, I found that there is a distinct difference in the baffle length and configuration between the left and right sides. Right side baffle is about a foot long, while the left side is half that.

So I installed the American Custom slip-ons. One of my stock muffler clamps doesn't tighten enough to keep it from rotating so I had to do a little redneck engineering until I can purchase a new clamp! And I don't hear much of a difference riding with no baffle, the medium baffle or the quiet baffle. All 3 sound almost exactly like the Rineharts. I guess I'll be selling one of them shortly.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msmoker
Back